Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nude beaches and children

At 3 1/2 they won't think much about the experience. When I was little in the change room at a public pool, woman were walking around, showering, changing out in the open. My mom would say "we are all women here..." I'm sure if we went to a nude beach, and my mom said similar I wouldn't think much about it. Toddlers are pretty open minded and accepting. Getting Ready for a First Date

Platinum Member
    Americans have a deep shame about anything even remotely suggesting sexuality. Violence is a-ok though. Lol. It's completely toxic, dysfunctional and backwards, but it's our tradition. Go figure.

I think having a certain amount of modesty is good. I'm not okay with flaunting and having your bits out for everyone to see whenever. I'm sorry to those that don't agree, but there are a lot of times where I prefer to not see your bits on display.

Does that make me a prude, or am I shameful or shaming of others? No. I'm actually neither and if someone knew me in real life they'd never accuse me of any of those things.
    But I prefer people to show less skin. I find that a woman can be mysterious and sensual with wearing beautiful clothing that shows her shape but in a more classier manner and not so tasteless or shocking. Same goes for men. I find a man who is dressed well with a sense of style and can show his masculine side without being crass, so much more attractive.
    It really is personal preference.

When it comes to certain body parts, I just don't think it needs to be on display, just like I don't find a cats butt anything shameful either but I don't want that in my face either.

That's coming from an adults perspective in terms of other adults.

When it comes to children, I still feel we need to be far far more cautious. As I was saying before, in an ideal world, we would be able to dress and undress without people out there using it as a means of being sexual or perverse. But unfortunately, we do live in a world like that and we need to protect our children more so than anything nowadays.
    Last edited by SherrySher; 10-24-2020 at 01:34 AM.

I loved the discussion and itís super interesting to hear what everyone thinks about it!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by BecxyRex
    I loved the discussion and itís super interesting to hear what everyone thinks about it!
    Good! I didn't love the silly generalized attacks on "Americans" of course and loved the rest of it . Glad it was helpful!

During vacations and travel, my husband and I took our young sons to the lake, beach, swimming pool and water parks where everyone was wore modest swimsuits which was our preference. It was what we were all comfortable with and it's still the same to this day. We're Americans by the way (btw).

Wore, not 'was wore.' That was a typo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice