Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Havenít heard from Ex GF for almost 6 weeks since breakup.

Generally when someone blocks you it's not because they want you to "reach out". Quite the opposite.

No, do not reach out, don't go over to her home and don't attend any more of her son's football games and don't continue to communicate with her son. I know it's hard, but please respect her wishes and also please retain your dignity. Do not attempt to chase after her.

Originally Posted by TB901
    Thank you everyone. And I have to ask even though Iím sure I know the answer everyone will give. A screw lose or bad decision making I still live her and want to make things workout. Itís been 6 weeks tomorrow. Iíve done everything I know to do to get over her and yes itís gotten better over that time but I still miss her and think about her a lot. Should I reach out? Should I wait a little while longer. And not to reach out and ask what happened or to get back together. Just to see how she is and strike up a conversation. Thoughts please?
    But this from your first post: "She told me she didnít have time and wasnít looking for a relationship (after 8months?). I started to say something else and she said you need to leave."

Don't beg, OP. No person is worth that amount of energy or time. Ever. You're behaving in exactly the way she expects you to and it's not necessarily flattering. Pull yourself together. You do not need to grovel.

Maybe it's not a good idea for you to date right now either if you're constantly willing to apologize non-stop and bend over backwards to someone else. It's not good for your mental health or overall wellbeing. You don't need to live like this. When the time is right and you're with someone who treats you well, this won't happen. You have to really see that and believe in that.

Originally Posted by TB901
    Thank you everyone. And I have to ask even though Iím sure I know the answer everyone will give. A screw lose or bad decision making I still live her and want to make things workout. Itís been 6 weeks tomorrow. Iíve done everything I know to do to get over her and yes itís gotten better over that time but I still miss her and think about her a lot. Should I reach out? Should I wait a little while longer. And not to reach out and ask what happened or to get back together. Just to see how she is and strike up a conversation. Thoughts please?
    I know you care for her deeply, but from what you wrote it seems like she is someone who generally has difficulty maintaining a healthy relationship. I think you are better off without her.

Leave her alone. She needs to work on her sobriety and you need to work on yours.

Your best chance is to be a mystery. If she cared for you at all you are on her mind and she does miss you so let he keep missing you and see if she reaches out to you.

I think this is a blessing in disguise. She sounds like a mess and she needs to work a lot of stuff out before she gets into a relationship.

Unfortunately you were more of a bandage then anything, kind of like a rebound.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

Stay busy so you can try to keep her out of your thoughts as best as you can and hopefully you will meet someone soon that is in a good place and ready to date and be in a relationship.

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    Your best chance is to be a mystery. If she cared for you at all you are on her mind and she does miss you so let he keep missing you and see if she reaches out to you.

I think this is a blessing in disguise. She sounds like a mess and she needs to work a lot of stuff out before she gets into a relationship.

Unfortunately you were more of a bandage then anything, kind of like a rebound.

Sometimes things just don't work out.

Stay busy so you can try to keep her out of your thoughts as best as you can and hopefully you will meet someone soon that is in a good place and ready to date and be in a relationship.
    Thank you!! This is what I was looking for. Iím struggling right now not to contact her. Her birthday is this Friday and Iíd like to reach out in a friendly way but Iím not going to.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice