Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me, I'm so lost and hopeless about my circumstances.

Sell whatever you can, online, whatever. Sell the car. Ship essentials back home. Tell your family. Ask for help. But a plane ticket home for your son and yourself asap. Do not drive. Too dangerous, ends up costing much more at that distance. Any material things can be replaced.
    Originally Posted by Chiquita85
    a state 4k miles away a month before we began dating. I left everything behind. Family, friends, animals, all the things I cared about. I dragged my 12 yr old boy here who wasn't too thrilled. I moved from Texas to AK.

Think about your Son for once. Imagine how it is for him, there is no one he can turn to when you & the bf argue. He is alone & scared.
    Take him back to his family, stop making excuses & do it
    He deserves to feel safe!

Platinum Member
    If nothing changes how long would you stay? 6 months? A year? 6 years? Is this what you want for your life?

I would do whatever it takes to drive my son and myself back home.

I think you need to take steps to go now. It will be harder once the baby comes.

Soo, I guess you regret this move, huh?

Sad lesson to learn.. to NOT just rush into everything so fast- when you hardly know them.

Sadly- he seems either like his mother or deeply affected my her. Not even trying to help you or understand you.
    He seems fine with letting her continue to dominate - mama's boy?

Can you not get help from your own family to get out of there?

Maybe
    1) consider that when prego- your emotions take over- we are not who we normally are for a while "/
    2) Sit him down and have a real Heart to Heart. Try to get him to see all you are experiencing.. - ask for some help with just a few changes... for the both of you.
    3) Either way, you are having his child... BUT in the end.. If is not meant to be, it won't be!

Is your life as well... Are you able to get assistance if you leave him?

I say.. give it a while, see IF he tries harder to change a little.
    But if you do decide to leave- be honest and just do it.

For everyone who is shaming about my son, you actually don't even know what you are accusing me of. We aren't super close to my family, we barely saw them BUT if I needed support, they were there. So, don't assume and take things out of context. I talk to my son regularly about how he is feeling and keep a good line of communication. He actually doesn't want to leave Alaska and is enjoying it here now. He's made new friends from school and my fiancÚs family is there for him. I also plan on sending him during the summer back to Texas to visit family and maybe during school breaks when covid simmers down.

So, for those who say I hurt him because of lust and selfishness, I said he wasn't thrilled to come here but not lost and despondent. Your mind went a little too far fetched and your advice was poorly given.

I've been able to reach out to some co-workers about this since yesterday and along with some good advice on here I definitely decided to leave, I will worry about the what If's when they happen. I was capable of raising my son on my own, I can do it again. However, I'm going to stay in AK and allow the father equal access to the baby for the benefit of all sides of the relationship. He says he's not going to abandon the child and will be there to support him in anyway.

I won't have a victim mentality anymore and I will take action and stop feeling sorry about my situation. So thank you to everyone who was gentle and wise with their words and advice. I appreciate you. :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice