Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something I wrote about my girlfriend. Feedback appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks Cyndar, it's also nice to see a poem posted here. I used to enjoy reading what people posted. There were a lot of creative people back in the old days. Doesn't seem to be many poets posting anymore. Maybe I need to dabble with some writing again. It's been awhile.....

Platinum Member
    Love the expressiveness and also the format and what everyone else who complimented said.

Why did you choose 300 years in the future for your novel (meaning other than some other time frame in the future?) Just curious!

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Love the expressiveness and also the format and what everyone else who complimented said.

Why did you choose 300 years in the future for your novel (meaning other than some other time frame in the future?) Just curious!
    I could give a really long explanation for that or a short one. The short answer is it was a random year that I chose in the late 2300s. It really was just random. That whole story started out as something completely different. I used to dress up as this post apocalyptic character that I created for working at certain festivals. I put a lot of work into the outfit I wore and figured just as much work should go into developing the character. The more detailed her backstory got the more I started wanting to write it all down. But yea... when deciding what year she was from I just picked a random year and went with it.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Cynder
    I could give a really long explanation for that or a short one. The short answer is it was a random year that I chose in the late 2300s. It really was just random. That whole story started out as something completely different. I used to dress up as this post apocalyptic character that I created for working at certain festivals. I put a lot of work into the outfit I wore and figured just as much work should go into developing the character. The more detailed her backstory got the more I started wanting to write it all down. But yea... when deciding what year she was from I just picked a random year and went with it.
    I knew there had to be a specific backstory!

This is fantastic, I loved it. As I was reading I couldn't help easily hearing it as a rap song, and by that I just mean it seemed to flow so freely. Really impressive stuff, you have a talent.

Originally Posted by LikeWater
    This is fantastic, I loved it. As I was reading I couldn't help easily hearing it as a rap song, and by that I just mean it seemed to flow so freely. Really impressive stuff, you have a talent.
    Thank you. I've been told my writing style is kind of like song lyrics. I've worked behind the scenes in the independent film industry a lot mostly as an editor, and my style of editing is really music video-esque too. I haven't written any poetry in ages though, so I'm surprised this came out as this good.

Just an updaye, if anyone was wondering. I tried to make this look really good in a doc and actually print it out. I was hoping just by luck I could get one of my printers to actually work. But that didn't happen. I wrote it out by hand on a piece of notebook paper and put it on her bed the other night. She loved it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice