Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Falling for him and complicated

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by parisiangurl
    Yes he was serious. Was not joking.
    You need to stay away from him altogether.

He sounds like a weirdo. Getting Ready for a First Date

You're way too old for him. You and he are in different life times. It might work momentarily, but it will eventually fall apart.

He throws a tantrum over you not buying him a soda? Are you sure he doesn't have mommy issues? That's not something a mature man would do.

Platinum Member
    I think that you are too old for him. The whole situation sounds weird.

I think he wants to get laid and you are convenient and willing. I also think you are too old for him. He sounds weird to me too and I think you'd do yourself a favour to move on from him.

He has told you that he doesn't want anything serious with you. He doesn't like that you are a smoker and he is not ok with your age difference. While you could quit smoking, your age difference cannot change. Imo, based on what HE told you, what you two have has an expiration date. Right now, he is still in the honeymoon period and that is why he behaves as if he really likes you. Unfortunately, when the honeymoon period is over (and that happens to all relationships), chances are that he will leave you.

The hormones that are released in women make them want to bond with a man even if the man is not right for them. In the future, if you're looking for longterm, you might want to hold off on having sex until you see a man wants to get to know you and not just to bed you, and to see if you match in major ways.

There are many cons in large age-gap relationships. Perhaps set a limit of how much older or younger you'll go in dating partners.

Speaking only for myself, I get to know someone well enough to learn where I stand with him and where I WANT to stand with him--before having sex with him.

I know myself well enough to appreciate that I bond when I'm sexual. So it's really important for me to learn exactly who I'll want to bond with--prior to doing so.

I'd back up and figure out what I want, and then I'd ask for it. Either the guy will want to give that to me, or he won't. If not, then my lesson is learned, and this would be the very last time I'd ever sleep first, then ask questions later.

Head high, and respect yourself.

You are hearing some mixed messages but the one you need to pay attention to is the one where he says this won't go anywhere.
    He's no dummy. He also needs to say just enough to keep you hooked for the time being.
    He likes the attention, sex and the fact you are compliant.
    This will run its course.
    Protect and prepare yourself now.

I don't understand why he is upset and thinking that it is just sex for me? Yeah In the beginning it was just sex and conversation for me. I need to decide if I can leave him alone and not answer when he calls ugh.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice