LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He broke up with me while pregnant

He broke up with me while pregnant

Im currently speachless right now. I didnt know what else to do since I dont have many friends and I feel I really need to let it out. Weve been in a dreamed relationship for 6 years now and 4 months ago I realized I was pregnant. Weve lost 2 babies already. Im not going to lie, weve had our ups and downs but we have managed to get over those. Now he just decided to tell me he has to many things going on his head, that hes not happy coming over home, that hes not sure that he loves or that I make him happy.

Im just devastated. All I can think of is, what can I do not to get depressed and affect the baby ? ☹️ What have I done wrong ?

Hopefully someone will read me

Platinum Member
    What kinds of ups and downs have you been through as a couple?

You say it's been a dream relationship but that description suggests otherwise.

Well we both have had our depression moments in which we have needed a lot of support and het we were each others rock during this situation. Other than that, there haven't been any alarming situations that I can recall

Did he say he was breaking up for good? Maybe he's been stressed over the loss of the other babies and is scared to get attached to this one because of that?

How long have you been broken up?

Its been a couple of days. The lost of our babies happened over a year ago. He said he still loves me, but that he needs to find what truly makes him happy. That he needs to find himself

Oh god, "needs to find himself"...what he needs to do is take care of his responsibilities. I assume he knows you're pregnant? Did he say anything on how he's going to support you and the baby?

He said it has nothing to do with the baby. That he still wants it. At this point im just preparing for the worse and finding out how I will be a single mom

It's not a matter of if he wants it, or not. He is now just as responsible for this baby, as you are. He should be there for you and be supportive, and he should definitely be there for you financially.

It's possible that he is just upset right now. Do you think he met someone else? Has he been having any bouts of depression, etc? Have you had fights like this before?

Do you live together? How old is he? Have there been breakups before?

You don't seem secure or confident in the relationship or with him.

Sadly "I have to find myself", is another breakup line. If you decide to have the child, where will you live and who will support you?

Apologies for all the questions, OP, but it helps give us more information.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice