Decisions Decisions

My husband text me today to say he could get posted right back here to fill his current boss’s position. I want to move on. My son wants to stay. I have become very meh about the location and feel rather done with it. We have been here 10 years. But if we go we would be going in March.

I'm confused with this bit: " he could get posted right back here?" Where is he?

He is on course right now some place else, we are still here. But he has the opportunity to stay here as his current Commanding Officer here is REALLY pushing to retain him because his current boss here is posting out July 2021.

What is better for his career? Is the salary better?

His salary is only better due to his position and rank not the place . No matter where he goes he gets paid the same. It would depend what experience they want him to have . Right now he’s only in training for his new position they are pretty much going to decide where they’re sending us.

He wants to stay here. 😖

What does HE want to do? If both of you are tired of the same place and feeling meh about it, then maybe it's time for a move.

...."Much bigger base and the surrounding area has a much bigger city."

Is it a place you would feel at home and happier?

I hope that, whatever decision CAF makes in the end, it's the best one for your family!

I hope so too! Ultimately I want out of here. Everything was fine until maybe eight months ago. Then kind of the best parts of my community went to hell in a hand cart. The fellow I was singing with at church for seven years quit without notice and then now I can’t sing anymore. The organization I was president of had had a lot of cranky demanding women and I had to tell them to go stick it. And that really sunk and shrunk my social bubble. Then Covid hit and really reduced my bubble and shrunk my business. I don’t know I’m just really done with the area. But thankfully as a TDO postings are usually every two years.

I think most people are just trying to hold on right now and get by the best they can. Will probably be like this for at least the next year. But where ever you end up, I know you'll make the most of it. You're the kind of person that can handle the challenges life throws at you. Times will turn around, eventually. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And you're already pretty strong.

Best of luck and hope you end up where you want to be.

I think most people are just trying to hold on right now and get by the best they can. Will probably be like this for at least the next year. But where ever you end up, I know you'll make the most of it. You're the kind of person that can handle the challenges life throws at you. Times will turn around, eventually. Remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. And you're already pretty strong.

Best of luck and hope you end up where you want to be.

Kind of you to say . Thank you.

Archived