Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: should i try again?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    No, donít reach out.

    You not pushing to see him isnít the reason he called it off. If anyone needed to express interest and try to make it work again, that would be him. Youíre blaming yourself because it gives you some semblance of control over the situation and thinking that if you did something differently, youíd still be together. However, thatís not what happened here.

    This one is on him.
    thank you for your reply. that makes sense

  2. #22
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    52,383
    Originally Posted by sadgirl89
    thank you, I need to work on reading between the lines and not taking what people say at face value
    No, that's not true at all. Words are words =watch the feet- the actions -over time -not the lips. Take what he said at face value for that moment in time. If someone asks you out for a specific time and place or at least "let's do something Saturday night, call you Wednesday to confirm the details" - take that at face value. If someone says it's going great, it is, for that time. If someone ends up lying to you then that is not a person you can trust. Take what the person says in context -do you know the person well? How long? How long have you known her or him to be reliable and live up to promises and show integrity and character and values?

    He's too busy because you are not his priority. He's too busy to make time for you. People may not want to unnecessarily hurt your feelings so they won't add "for you". But it is true -he's too busy at work to make time for a relationship with you. It hurts not to be someone's priority. Put it this way -a man who wants to date you will ask you out on a date he plans in advance. A man who wants a potential future with you will ask you out reliably, ask you not to date anyone else and tell you he doesn't plan to and tell you why -because you are a priority and he wants to see if you two have a future together so dating others would be a distraction/inconsistent.

    There's no "work" here. It's really simple. Not easy, but simple.

  3. #23
    Platinum Member smackie9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Surrey BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,330
    Gender
    Female
    Tip: an interested guy won't talk to you for months, he will ask you out on a date asap and make time to see you. Stay away from being someones penpal.

  4. #24
    Platinum Member Annia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,861
    Gender
    Female
    When a man uses the "busy" excuses it means that he's just not that into you. There is not much you could do to change it and pursuing him or hanging waiting usually doesn't make them pursue you, on the contrary. Keep away and don't contact him.

  5.  

  6. #25
    Platinum Member maew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,879
    Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    "Too busy" usually translates to "not interested." Rather than contacting him, I'd retain my self-respect.
    This... if you continue pursuing him after this he will lose respect for you. Once a guy decides he isn't interested (aka too busy) there is no changing his mind about it.

  7. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    thanks everyone so much for your feedback <3 you helped me out of a tail spin and saved me my self respect!

  8. #27
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,672
    "Too busy" means "I don't care about you." I'm sorry. However, "too busy" translates to "you don't matter to me anymore."

    Don't waste anymore time and energy on him because he is not worth it. You are worth being treated with respect and love. He did neither.

  9. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    "Too busy" means "I don't care about you." I'm sorry. However, "too busy" translates to "you don't matter to me anymore."

    Don't waste anymore time and energy on him because he is not worth it. You are worth being treated with respect and love. He did neither.
    thank you cherylyn

  10. #29
    Platinum Member Cherylyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    2,672
    You're welcome, sadgirl89. I want you to be happy. Get your strength and newfound wisdom. Wishing you all the best.

  11. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    13
    Originally Posted by Cherylyn
    You're welcome, sadgirl89. I want you to be happy. Get your strength and newfound wisdom. Wishing you all the best.
    i appreciate yyou!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •