Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Uncomfortable with boyfriend being shirtless around others (M22 & M22)

So you believe if he kept his shirt on no one would find him attractive?

That is a strange mindset.

If you went out wearing a nice dress, would it be because you are looking for attention or for people to hit on you?

Have you spoken to him about your insecurities? If he does like you, he should want to help you work through the anxiety and might be willing to cover up more to help your feelings. He can help ease any doubts you might have that someone may become interested in him and that he would like them better. Remember, you choose to be with you, "average" body and all.

Also, realize that there is no perfect body. Even people who fit the stereotypes of attractiveness will probably be harsh on themselves about some aspect of their body. What attracts one person, may not attract someone else. I'm skinny, non-athletic, glasses, won't ever see a six-pack, etc. I'm a geek. But girls have found me attractive. And I've been attracted to plenty of girls who don't have so called model looks. In fact, plenty of people most would call "beautiful" I don't see anything in. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So don't place so much emphasis on what people look like.

Instead you need to be happy with who you are. Are you healthy? That's what counts. From there, look at the person you are. That is what really draws people in. Are you nice, respectful, kind? A pretty face and nice body might attract superficial attention at first, but is that the attention you really want? Or would you rather people actually focus on and get to know the real you.

Change your perspective....enjoy the view....I wish I could get to see that everyday. Any guy shirtless I have seen lately is the fat old drunk guy that lives behind me or the old guy down the street cutting his lawn which looks to be wearing just his gaunch. I will be planting some cedars along the back fence next year....

Platinum Member
    you say he goes shirtless

WHEN HE IS AT HOME IN IS UNI SHARE HOUSE.

He is not out strutting down the street in the fall or winter with his shirt off and flexing. he is at HOME.
    I am getting the impression that he could have a couple of roommates.
    If you are freaked out about him not wearing a shirt AT HOME, then what is he supposed to do?

If this were a male/female situation and you had a girlfriend and freaked out that she was in her pajamas in front of her female roommate (top and bottom, but no bra), or that she was going from the shower to her bedroom in a towel wrapped around her with a towel on her head, you would be seen as extremely controlling and need to get a grip.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    So you believe if he kept his shirt on no one would find him attractive?

That is a strange mindset.

If you went out wearing a nice dress, would it be because you are looking for attention or for people to hit on you?
    Its two dudes....

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Its two dudes....
    Oops lol. Well, how about a tank top and tight skinny jeans?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice