Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Partner talks with ex almost every day

I had dinner with a guy I met on a dating site.
    All was going well, til he told me that if we started dating I would have to be "approved " by his ex wife, as she was the only one who truly knew him. They lived a few houses down from each other, had an open door policy meaning they just walked into each others houses, and they spent a lot of time together.
    The ex was remarried & her husband was ok with this.
    I told him that I dont have to be approved of by any ex, put money on the table for my meal, got up & walked out.

This is what you should have done from the very beginning, got up & walked away. This is your life, it will never change, no matter how much you complain about it.

OMG :/.. he is insensitive! To be talking to HER when in bed..etc? Geeze man-

But, to have moved along as he has been doing, DOES sound like progress- but you say it isn't?

As for them always talking.. is not good. I say, UNLESS it is about their child, no more is necessary.
    I feel he is also NOT taking YOUR feelings into account...respect.

As for HER? and her actions, I would speak up like NOW~! WHY is she acting like that- and HE is accepting?

Sounds like SHE has some major isssues :/. You dont need.. he's got to speak up! or I'd say leave.

Obviously, all of this is affecting you :(.
    Maybe you moved in with this guy- way too soon- as they had NOT YET completely bee separated in a proper way..?

Every time she calls it makes me feel disheartened and like I'm not able to deal with being in a relationship with someone who has a child and ex wife.
    - Nope, you dont deserve this- but it is going on..

I dont know what you should say or do.. But he really does need to unserstand how YOU see this & feel.. and he really should be smartening up more & make sure his EX does not just walk in your place.. fps!

I give it another few months.. If things dont improve, I would seriously remove myself- admitting, they were not done with each other.

In order to try & stay sane- your own well-being.

Medicare is an Australian thing, everyone has it. It's not like in the US.
    He paid for her insurance, and paid for her Netflix. Not the other way around.
    No, we moved into a new place together.

Thank you all for your advice. It's given me a lot to think about, and I'm going to give it a couple of days then act accordingly to what I see that I have to do now. All the best.

They both treat you badly. You deserve so much better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice