Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I asked him on a date, he said he is busy but did not suggest a new day

She's already asked to meet up...it didn't work. To ask twice, is a bit humiliating. The guy's not dumb, he knows to ask or not ask.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Rather than keep chatting online, tell him that "you've enjoyed your chats and would love to continue chatting in person if he can let you know when he is available for a meet up". If he still ignores, doesn't respond, tells you he is busy then you have your answer - he is only looking for a pen pal.

At some point, you really do need ask yourself - do you really want to press someone so hard to meet you? In my experience, people who are in a good place in life and are ready to date, date. They have no problems arranging a quick meet up. Those who drag their feet, want to chat too long online are people to stay away from. They've got issues you don't want to deal with.
    Excellent advice. Put an end to the friendly chats. Make him understand that you will chat with him only in person in the future.

Platinum Member
    He is a waste of time, unless you want a pen pal.

Block, delete, and move on.

Platinum Member
    just FYI, when my guy and I matched online, we exchanged two messages and then he asked if i would like to meet for lunch. We had one more message and then he called me to set up a place and time. Things are a little different during covid -- more time to meet is okay, but it should graduate to phone if he is actually interested

I'd tell him it was nice talking online, but to please contact you if he wants to meet. He should be able to read between the lines and recognize/understand the general message.

Platinum Member
    Well I might give him one more chance to agree to a date but if he doesn't make a time, then I would suggest to stop talking to him. You could even suggest video chat if there are still concerns about COVID. I've been doing a few video chats in isolation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice