Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My husband refuses to adopt my son from a pervious relationship

If your child is now, 3yo, you are married for 2 years and you met your husband when the child was 8 months old, the calculation points to a pretty short dating period-4 months before marriage, and your husband was then only 23 when he married you. He might have promised things in the spur of the moment, a pretty young guy married to a significantly older woman.

Be content in that he married you with a child, much younger than you and you are lucky to marry a man who is a good role model and takes care of your son. Do not push the envelope. Be content with what you already have. If you have to go after money-it is the child biological father that you have to go after, not your husband. I think it is unfair in regards to your much younger husband to put pressure on him to adopt your child.

U r correct, very painful experience. Iím about to graduate nursing school and work as a lab technologist and my husband is a chemical engineer. My son is almost 4 yrs old. His birth father isnít on the birth certificate but I do know some information of him

I never ask or put any pressure to adopt my child. He bring it up in conversation. Then when I mention it, he react odd so I stopped discussing it.

Anna. Is there some reason why the father's name is not on the birth certificate?

Whatever information you do have, use it. He can be tracked down.

Only ask twice and got the same reaction so I ended the conversation. Iím not sure if he wants kids with me. I donít mention having kids with him because it seems he wants kids but he wants to b more stable prior. Thereís a chance he might never want kids with me and have to be content with it

Tried once he eluded the court so Iím try again

Originally Posted by annawuba87
    I never ask or put any pressure to adopt my child. He bring it up in conversation. Then when I mention it, he react odd so I stopped discussing it.
    I think you are doing right by stop discussing it, let your husband take the lead, if he wants-he will do it. In my view you are already blessed with a supportive husband.

He abandoned me before I had my child so he wasnít there to sign the birth certificate

I'm sorry that the birth father treated both you and your son this way, you both deserved better.

I can understand wanting to be a family completely. You're not wrong in feeling that way. However, it doesn't mean he cares less, or that it matters less to him if he is not ready to legally adopt right now.
    That doesn't mean he will always feel this way.

As time passes things could change and he will want to adopt. But for now, he's not entirely ready, and it's okay. He is still a father to your son, he is still a good husband by the sounds of it and he is doing his best for both of you.

You are lucky to have one another and it sounds like there's a lot of love there. Let this issue rest. Your son sees him as his father and he is raising him as his own son.
    That's all that matters right now.

Anna, use the Reply With Quote button so others can catch up a little easier with your replies if possible. I agree with East4. Good for you for letting it rest. You seem happy in the marriage aside from this one thing. If it continues to bother you you can bring it up again at a later time or make a suggestion.

Early congratulations to you on being so close to graduating from nursing school.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice