Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I too old for an American Girl Doll?

Am I too old for an American Girl Doll?

I turn 23 next month. I am a mom of a 2 year old. I never had a american doll because I was too scared to ask my mom for one due to the prices. I bought my daughter a bitty baby. I wouldn't play with the doll, but I could see collecting them and maybe changing their outfits now and then or setting up scenes to display them as. Should I just forget it and move on? Am I being ridiculous? Idk how I'd justify this to my husband lol. Be honest even if it's brutal.

Life is short, if it will make you happy and you're not hurting anyone...then go for it.

Lots of people collect things that make them happy. You don't have to justify it to anyone.

Platinum Member
    I'm 54 and I just order fuzzy socks with llamas on them! And yes I love my son's stuffed animals!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Lots of people collect whatever.

I'm 30 and I have a dollhouse that I like to play with/set up. It's anxiety-relieving. Life is short - do what you enjoy!

I collect teddy bears

I appreciate this so much. I feel like there's so much pressure on people to be a certain way. I remember at thirteen forcing myself not to play with my little pet shops because I thought I was too old. I think I'm going to buy a used one and if anyone says anything I'm just going to say, "Hey, it's my money anyways." Lol

I've seen a type of reality show where people collected things, one of them being dolls. There are some beautiful dolls out there.

One of my friends collected beanie babies, she's quite proud of her collection as some of them are really rare.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I know of someone in their 50ís who collects Barbies. They have been collecting them since they were a teenager and entire room in their house is devoted to Barbies they even have them insured.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Suzuki550
    I appreciate this so much. I feel like there's so much pressure on people to be a certain way. I remember at thirteen forcing myself not to play with my little pet shops because I thought I was too old. I think I'm going to buy a used one and if anyone says anything I'm just going to say, "Hey, it's my money anyways." Lol
    "Thanks for sharing - I guess you don't want to play with one, then?"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice