Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: He lied about loving me ? He does not anything to do with me anymore ?

Originally Posted by futuruna
    He has been asking me to be his girlfriend for one year. He called me many times to go for a drink, and we did. He fine, but sometimes he is mad at me because I do not do what he wants.
    How can you not know what he wants if he's asked you many times to be in a relationship with him?

If you're reluctant to move forwards with this, whatever your reasons, just be honest about it(with yourself too) and let him go. There's no point keeping someone around whom you claim to love but aren't able to be in a relationship with. He wants more out of you and you're not agreeing to it. Let him go. I think it's the kindest thing to do.

Originally Posted by Rose Mosse
    How can you not know what he wants if he's asked you many times to be in a relationship with him?

If you're reluctant to move forwards with this, whatever your reasons, just be honest about it(with yourself too) and let him go. There's no point keeping someone around whom you claim to love but aren't able to be in a relationship with. He wants more out of you and you're not agreeing to it. Let him go. I think it's the kindest thing to do.
    I know that, but why he said that he loves me as a person ?

I know that, but why he said that he loves me as a person ?
    Only be knows what he actually means. But it sounds to me that he loves you as person but he's no longer interested in a romantic relationship with you.

You can keep pushing a person away and expect them to stick around. If you don't want the same thing, let him go... It in this case he decided to let you go.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Were you close friends before you started having sex or is this a sexual arrangement and he is now asking you to be in a relationship with him?
    We had sex in the beggining, and now he wants to be in a relationship. Now I do not know, he asked me before, he thinks that I do not want. But why he said that he loves me as a person ?

Platinum Member
    We had sex in the beggining, and now he wants to be in a relationship. Now I do not know, he asked me before, he thinks that I do not want. But why he said that he loves me as a person ?
    Oh ok so it's not FWB -he was a person you decided to have casual sex with and he wanted that too. If you are comfortable having intercourse with him then I think you should be comfortable asking him directly and simply with no apology "what are your intentions about us" or "what do you want for us" - he will know exactly what you mean if he wants to be with you other than to have intercourse with you. If you want to be in an exclusive relationship with him that is what I would do. If you just want to know for your ego I wouldn't ask and continue your sexual arrangement if that is fun for you. I agree that if you declined to be in a relationship with him he likely won't be comfortable asking. He might say sweet words about love but his actions - continuing to have casual sex with you - show that he is comfortable having sex with you when he's in the mood, without a commitment.

I don't understand why it's confusing that an FWB doesn't amount to much, especially after 3 years.

Decide where you stand on what YOU want. Then operate from there to get it. If that means wanting a relationship, then don't mess with anyone who doesn't want the same thing.

If what you want is NOT a relationship, then anything you say or do that mimics a relationship won't be taken or treated very seriously.

Platinum Member
    Youíre not making any sense, OP.

Heís told you he wants a relationship with you. Heís told you he loves you. You seem to be the one resisting getting any closer to him, but questioning why he says he loves you as a person. If you donít want to be his girlfriend, speak up and say so.

Do you get some sort of ego kick out of this?

He kept telling you how he felt for you, but was not getting the same back.. and he was trying to consider & see a future with you... but you did not seem to show him the same, so sounds like he gave up with you.- No future- like you were going down different paths.
    Besides, the way YOU are talking, you just saw him to sleep with him, did not seem interested in a real relationship.
    So, dont worry about his 'lies' about love. When you were the one who did not feel it.

Leave him be now.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Lambert
    Only be knows what he actually means. But it sounds to me that he loves you as person but he's no longer interested in a romantic relationship with you.

You can keep pushing a person away and expect them to stick around. If you don't want the same thing, let him go... It in this case he decided to let you go.
    I don't know if I fully believe this thread is the real deal ....just the way you keep saying the same thing over and over ..

However , lets say it is then Lamberts' answer covers it for me .

He's messing with your head. Loving you as a person is another way of saying "You're not relationship material, but FWB will still be good when it suits me". You're a convenience. Whatever you do, do NOT get pregnant with this guy, as you'll find yourself being a single mother and he'll conveniently disappear.

You two are a bad match. Time to let go and move on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice