Do you find this weird?

crazyguy123

My ex and I split up about 6 weeks ago.

I find it weird that she still follows my gyms instagram account. On top of that, she's only the pictures that my gym would post of me. She wouldn't like anything else.

Same goes for the gym where I had initially met her, the posted a picture of me and she liked it.

Even when my friends would post pictures on their social media, she would like the pictures of me in it but nothing else from them.

Is this weird?

If she hasn't reached out to you in a phone call or a decent email or message or left a voicemail, it doesn't mean anything. Stay away from social media breadcrumbing and picking at straws. None of it is worth anything unless someone actually takes the time to ask how you're doing and if you want to go out for lunch, dinner etc.

She didn't like the relationship enough to break it off so keep telling yourself that it's over. What she likes or doesn't like is her business. She can like your photos all she wants, she ain't getting a piece of you. No cigar. Smile over the memories and let go of the past.

Be kind to yourself - move on and don't pay her any attention.

If she hasn't reached out to you in a phone call or a decent email or message or left a voicemail, it doesn't mean anything. Stay away from social media breadcrumbing and picking at straws. None of it is worth anything unless someone actually takes the time to ask how you're doing and if you want to go out for lunch, dinner etc.

She didn't like the relationship enough to break it off so keep telling yourself that it's over. What she likes or doesn't like is her business. She can like your photos all she wants, she ain't getting a piece of you. No cigar. Smile over the memories and let go of the past.

Be kind to yourself - move on and don't pay her any attention.

Totally agree!!!!

Even though you split- means she does not want to be involved with you- for reasons.

Does not mean you have to be enemies.. and is just pictures.

I have had a cpl ex's say they'd like to be 'friends'.. but I couldn't do it.

Often we cannot be friends, unless or until we know we are over them.. is rare though to feel okay with that, since when you get involved with them, you crossed that line and can be so awkward & difficult to go backwards :/.

So, work on accepting the reality.. respectfully keep your distance and focus on YOU now.

Work on accepting & healing.

How much effort does it take to click a like button to alleviate a bit of guilt for hurting someone's feelings?

I'd skip social media for a while and invest instead in something productive for your own head.

^^^Catfeeder nailed it imo. Dumpers behave like this to alleviate guilt for hurting the dumpee. Monitoring her behaviour on social media is a sure way to keep yourself stuck in the past and delay your healing. If you can't delete and block her, then you would be better off taking a break from social media altogether.

Archived