Back to online dating and received message from someone I met before

kari99

I'm back to online dating after taking a long break. I received a message from someone I think we met years ago on a first date. This guy met me for drinks and never called me after our date. I got the feeling he wasn't into me. It is what it is. I moved on and dated other people. So-fast forward to 2020 and I re-join the same website. A guy messages me. He looks vaguely familiar. In his message he points out that he read my profile in the past and wanted to say hi. He asked about one of my pictures etc. and said if anything interested me in his profile to reach out. I figured it most likely was the same guy from years ago. Ok, so I reply and thank him for the message. I asked him if we indeed had met before?? Told him I hoped he was surviving COVID and made a cute reference to something he mentioned in his profile. I answered his question about my picture and made a joke about it. Ended it with how nice it was to hear from him and said "Have a nice night." My friends say they don't see anything wrong with the message. So-no response from this guy. Crickets. This whole incident has left me scratching my head. :-) Thoughts?

Nah, try not to read too much into it... like so many.. they 'fish around', Even guys ( and gals) who are involved, still 'hang out' on these things... like for some entertainment? lol

Anyways, so many are on these sites.. and so many also just msg someone, and continue on.. so tread lightly and don;t take majority to heart.

He might have just remembered when you mentioned that you had actually gone on a date and that was enough to scare him off.

Dates can be weird, you might think it went all fine and you had a nice night, but that doesn't mean that's how the other person was feeling.

Who knows what turned him off, it could have been anything.

Best to just leave it, and move on.

Archived