Open Club  ·  86 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here?

boltnrun

So I have been whining a lot about my anxiety, depression and fear. I would like to try to turn it around. So I am going to drop some happy/cheerful/funny thoughts here.

My first one...I think it's a hoot that Martha Stewart and Snoop Dogg are friends. It's so awesome that two people who come from completely different walks of life can get along so well.

I also am a fan of Fred Chang who was a contestant on Master Chef US. Just adore him.

Anyone have anything to add?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My friend started a daily "one good thing" thread on her Facebook right after the Tree of Life synagogue tragedy in Pittsburgh. I so love it. This is a great idea

One good thing - listening to "Do you really want to know what time it is " (chicago) and "we didn't start the fire" (billy joel) to help my son with a school project. I wasn't the hugest fan of that particular B.J. song but I love his work forever. I'm a huge Chicago fan especially the old songs. Now I feel like listening to Landslide lol

[ATTACH=CONFIG]11653[/ATTACH]

Something to entice you with. :friendly_wink:.

Unfortunately the link didn't work for me, but I can imagine it would be very enticing! lol. In fact, so enticing that I'm going to take my mom for blueberry pancakes at our local pancake place this weekend :tongue: ............ Man, all I think about is food, lol.

Unfortunately the link didn't work for me, but I can imagine it would be very enticing! lol. In fact, so enticing that I'm going to take my mom for blueberry pancakes at our local pancake place this weekend :tongue: ............ Man, all I think about is food, lol.

I gave my son some of my secret stash gourmet ice cream for dessert - happens to be a women-owned creamery. It's..... all I think about too lol (not the women who own it -two awesome flavors -one is molten chocolate cake and the other dirty mint chip. Each cover has a positive affirmation written on it in the inner seal)

Yum! I'm having some now, hehe. Have a great time with your mum!

I gave my son some of my secret stash gourmet ice cream for dessert - happens to be a women-owned creamery. It's..... all I think about too lol (not the women who own it -two awesome flavors -one is molten chocolate cake and the other dirty mint chip. Each cover has a positive affirmation written on it in the inner seal)

Mmmmh! Molten chocolate cake ice cream.... molten chocolate cake ice cream with pancakes :D

Yowza! Shrimp, champagne, ice cream...

The calming effects of burning my Yankee candles throughout the house.

I was so against these because of the price , but my daughter threw caution to the wind and got herself a couple . I am can honestly say I know why they are a little on the more expensive side now ...the smell ..ow wow and it doesn't ware off , even when you blow it out the smell is sensational and they do last ages .... so I am a total convert .

Yes, Heart. It is so calming to have those candles burning, and in the dusk, when no other light is on, to watch the flame.

Just to remark, Pippy, the RHS (Royal Horticultural Society - U.K.) candles are sensational. Better IMO than Yankee candles. They were on offer recently at half price so I bought several.

About as good are the Wax Lyrical candles.

To add that the sun is lighting up the Autumn colours on the trees. So beautiful.

Archived