LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dealing with Anxiety

Originally Posted by sammy1592
    Does anybody have any tips for when your mind is just running wild and your anxiety is making you paranoid about everything? I have a tendency to get caught in a downward spiral of overthinking and overanalyzing and imagining the absolute worst case scenarios for everything, and sometimes it gets so bad that I just feel totally overwhelmed. I try to remind myself that these thoughts are probably due much more to my anxiety than they are to anything logical or rational, but there are days when even that doesn't help. Anybody else with anxiety have any helpful methods that they use to deal with those moments?
    I'm not sure if what you're expressing is general anxiety. Are these almost panic attacks? You used the word paranoia. I agree with Bolt and Wiseman. Best to get a doctor's evaluation or re-evaluation. The therapy isn't helping you or it's not at a level or frequency that is helpful enough. Take a closer look also at the new relationship and what those triggers are. Maybe this person isn't good for you either or has characteristics that you're drawn to but should avoid.

Originally Posted by sammy1592
    Does anybody have any tips for when your mind is just running wild and your anxiety is making you paranoid about everything? I have a tendency to get caught in a downward spiral of overthinking and overanalyzing and imagining the absolute worst case scenarios for everything, and sometimes it gets so bad that I just feel totally overwhelmed. I try to remind myself that these thoughts are probably due much more to my anxiety than they are to anything logical or rational, but there are days when even that doesn't help. Anybody else with anxiety have any helpful methods that they use to deal with those moments?
    Can you give an example of the paranoia?

Find an outlet to channel that anxiety into, preferably something productive. Take up a hobby, something your into that can help focus you on something else.

Health is a major component as well. Eat smart, exercise, get plenty of sleep. Keeping our bodies healthy can help our mental state and vice versa.

While medication can help, it won't address the core issues causing this. Plus, the body will adjust and you'll need to take something else or higher doses. If you can find alternatives, it would be useful. Maybe these can give you something to start with:
    [Register to see the link]
    [Register to see the link]

If all else fails, color. I know a good number of people who find adult coloring books to be relaxing, calming, and therapeutic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice