My ex cheated on me

You approach this as confirmation beyond doubt that you are better off without him and that indeed the break up was the best thing for you. Losing a cheater is a blessing. You can now move on knowing for sure that you lost nobody special and that he was not your one.

You also need to approach this as confirmation that keeping tabs on him and digging in the past delays healing and moving on. It's time to delete and block him from your present. As you have discovered, seeking information about him delays healing and brings the grief back. You need to stop acquiring new information and leave him in the past. Good luck.

I can't imagine how painful this, regardless of how much time has passed. I would be shattered also. That time you spent with someone would have been special in its own way and if it was monogamous there's an agreement to be faithful. I can only echo Clio. Keep putting distance between yourself and the past and telling yourself that it's over. What happened then or what continues happen now is not part of your present narrative. It does not define you. What you were then was you but it's not you now and it doesn't define you in the future or how you wish to direct the rest of your life.

You can continue to go on and life past all that and enjoy more joyful and rewarding experiences.

Archived