Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How are you dealing with the trashcan fire that is 2020? How are you?

How are you dealing with the trashcan fire that is 2020? How are you?

Hello, all.

This isn't really a plea for advice, but more just checking in with everyone to see how you are handling one of the worst years in recent memory. How are you? How are you handling everything emotionally? How do you cope? Mostly, I just want people to know they aren't alone and that we're all in this together.

Thank you Rensi. We are indeed all in this together.

One copes because one has to cope. It isn't too bad. I find it irksome as my/our life is normally spent across a range of countries. Shortly, I shall be taking to the air again.

I've stopped watching the news, I check the WHO website now and then. There is plenty to keep me busy. I am not prone to panic, about anything.

Platinum Member
    Thanks! I find the threads on this topic in this forum are so helpful! Given the varying reactions I don't feel we're all in this together at all. That causes me stress at times. I'm hanging in -more anxious than usual, not sleeping as well as usual and supervising virtual learning is really really challenging and stressful (one child, 6th grade, will be at least a total of 2.5 months virtual). Trying to keep up with my job and solo parent a lot given my husband's insane schedule. I have to look away from social media as much as I can - like the recent complaints over health care protocols at doctor's offices because you know the virus is a hoax and blaming the government for the lack of in person mental health services because of challenges of in person medical care/shortages. Meaning blaming government for perpetuating a hoax. I love social media for connecting with friends and family .... and this is the downside.

Eating properly is more of a challenge but I'm doing it. I'm working out every day other than the 3 days I couldn't because of oral surgery. I "pivoted" to outdoor, socially distanced workouts March 19 so I just passed the 6 month mark. It does wonders for my mental health -I'm outdoors at dawn every single day.
    How are you doing?

Glad I began posting in this forum again.
    Iím a violin teacher by trade and lockdown online lessons last academic year were a godsend. However its taken its toll. Had pupils stopping and not starting left, right and centre. Trying my best to get new kids started, but itís difficult.

Finding this year hard, but appreciate others are finding it harder.

We're fortunate. My husband and I are both retired. We just survived Hurricane Sally with only a leaky roof in a few spots. Our restaurants have been open for business (until the hurricane), and we've been enjoying a mostly normal life, except for the masks.

Good to see you here Dalesboy. Yes, some have it harder than others. A friend of ours teaches piano, in real life. She is doing all right.

We are fortunate too Sarah. Mainly fairly normal except for the masks.

Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Good to see you here Dalesboy. Yes, some have it harder than others. A friend of ours teaches piano, in real life. She is doing all right.
    I use to have 5 days teaching, now down to 3. Thankfully I have another business which was initially my hobby. I really could do with my pupil numbers increasing though (Iím paid per pupil, less I teach, less I earn).

Good to be back You are a good bunch!

Glad you're safe, Sarah!

I think Dalesboy is posting more so we can all see the new sig and avatar - only the best show ever.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Dalesboy
    Glad I began posting in this forum again.
    Iím a violin teacher by trade and lockdown online lessons last academic year were a godsend. However its taken its toll. Had pupils stopping and not starting left, right and centre. Trying my best to get new kids started, but itís difficult.

Finding this year hard, but appreciate others are finding it harder.
    My mom took violin for many years and even played in her college orchestra in the 1950s

Originally Posted by Batya33
    My mom took violin for many years and even played in her college orchestra in the 1950s
    Thatís lovely.
    I think music is more important now than ever.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice