I'm confused as to why he would block me now

Ellie56

We've been together on and off for a long time, he did get married during one split and I also moved on but we got back together when both our relationships broke down, eventually he cheated and we split again but that didn't last so we rekindled again only to end it again as I couldn't forgive him anyway he ended it for good last September and we did remain friends and started sleeping together and spoke daily and got on well, he lives back at his mums as she had dementia anyway 2 weeks ago we had a silly argument and he went mad saying I had no compassion for his situation and it's over for good even as a friend and this was going to happen and I shouldn't be surprised..I have since seen he has blocked me on phone calls and wattsapp which has upset me because I never thought he would go this far considering our history..He did email last week saying it was for the best and give it a fee months and maybe we can be friends..Should I even be his friend now or just cut him off for good?

He did you a favor. Not block and delete him from all your social media and messaging apps. You are toxic to each other.

Forget about being on/off, or fwb or 'friends'. Find some good friends, find a good bf and get toxic people like this guy out of your life.

We've been together on and off for a long time, he did get married during one split

he ended it for good last September and we did remain friends and started sleeping together and spoke daily and got on well, he lives back at his mums

I have since seen he has blocked me on phone calls and wattsapp

Either way if he's separated or still married he's off the table. You seem a bit too overinvested to be involved with someone like this. Are you single? He has other things to sort out and seems split apart in different directions. The issue with his mum's dementia is also causing a lot of stress.

Being friends is a future proposition coming from him which means that it doesn't require any immediate action from you. Just let things rest, mull about it and see what you feel months from now. Never rush anything that feels like it needs rushing especially over someone as volatile as this. Put this on the backburner and move on with your life.

Yeah, both of you are each others back up plan !! this cycle will go on and on until someone takes control and stands strong and breaks the cycle , then and only then you can reset , why? Because your showing yourself respect and showing them to respect you ,know your worth guys!

TopicEx

Ohh one more thing the reason why he's blocked you again he's got someone lined up and he docent want you contacting him while he's with the new one because she's gonna ask question"s and that could cause drama, look what he emailed you "it was for the best and give it a fee months and maybe we can be friends" thats him saying let me see have this new girl works out !! you his back up plan , my advice take control and don't take that crap your worth more ! you watch him unblock you in time and the only reason he will do that is because it didn't work out with his new toy .

TopicEx

.Should I even be his friend now or just cut him off for good?

Going by the incredibly dysfunctional and toxic history you two have, I would say that cutting him off for good is way overdue and the right thing to do - for both of you. He did you a favour, now you do HIM a great big favour too. Time to walk away from this time bomb.

Thanks everyone for your advice, it was hard reading some of them but you are right its toxic and it should of ended for good years ago..i think i just got so used to his messed up ways it was like the norm for me..This is just a fraction of what hes done and said .. But i will never let him use me again

Thanks everyone for your advice, it was hard reading some of them but you are right its toxic and it should of ended for good years ago..i think i just got so used to his messed up ways it was like the norm for me..This is just a fraction of what hes done and said .. But i will never let him use me again

Awesome. You can now delete all messages from him that you have saved, delete any pics and then remove his contact info from all your devices. If you feel you can't resist him, consider blocking him from contacting you.

You are confused?

Let's look at all of this 'mess' :/.

YOu two were involved previously.. broke up- he married..but got together again.

With that reuniting, he cheated on you... so you split up..again.... BUT, that didn't last cause you went back..again!?

This is what's wrong.. YOU keep falling back.. with everything you know. * He is toxic*.

You sound trauma bonded.. Not good! Like you are wrapped around his lil finger.,. even with his history.

he ended it for good last September and we did remain friends and started sleeping together and spoke daily and got on well, he lives back at his mums as she had dementia anyway 2 weeks ago we had a silly argument and he went mad saying I had no compassion for his situation and it's over for good even as a friend and this was going to happen and I shouldn't be surprised.

- No. No 'friends'.. no benefits.. Nothing!

He is an idiot.. a messed up man. YOU deserve better.. Right!

So, he has blocked you - good! Why would you want to continue anything with someone so messed? ( Because of your past.. as i said.. trauma bonded. Is hard to get over it all & let go, but for your own mentality.. It;s time!

Like Wiseman said.. He did you a favour. Let's hope in time you DO realize your self worth.

You are not the first to say im trauma bonded and i do agree that this is a messed up situation, he has a way about him that lures you in.. I dont need him as i have a lot going for me and he hasnt , hes back at his mums and lost everything when he left his wife.. Hes stolen off me said iv done things when i havent and ignored me when things didnt go his way.. But for some mad reason i kept going back.. He had 2 sides to him and he kept calling me constantly.. Im sure he was a narcissist .. But im definitely wont be going back , him blocking me is the final straw..

You are not the first to say im trauma bonded and i do agree that this is a messed up situation, he has a way about him that lures you in.. I dont need him as i have a lot going for me and he hasnt , hes back at his mums and lost everything when he left his wife.. Hes stolen off me said iv done things when i havent and ignored me when things didnt go his way.. But for some mad reason i kept going back.. He had 2 sides to him and he kept calling me constantly.. Im sure he was a narcissist .. But im definitely wont be going back , him blocking me is the final straw..

What will you do when he unblocks you and contacts you again?

You know he will.

No hes divorced and has been for 10 years and yes im single ..He has issues and i think dealing with his mums situation has stopped him doing a lot of things with his life so it gets him down

So when you're down you act abusive toward people? Especially people you claim to care about? I'm going to guess no, you don't.

Everyone goes through tough times. That is no reason to treat people poorly.

I'm worried since you're still making excuses for his behavior that all he'll have to do is unblock you and text you "Hey" and you'll go right back.

Have you blocked him from contacting you?

Archived