Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112

Thread: Getting fed up

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by teach
    Well, tbh, not found someone with so much in common in a long, long time, If ever...so perhaps there is someone better....but I don't wanna wait forever. I'm 42 and never been married!

As for using the kids, yes and no. Like I said, it would be genuinely nice to find another single parent to be able to do stuff with the kids with. It is very hard to find. I have friends without kids and married friends with kids....but when I have my boy, it's difficult to have adult company at the same time as taking him out etc. Don't get me wrong, sometimes its great just me and him...other times it would be great to have another adult there.
    And of-course, she said it was a lovely idea. But yeah I would be lying too if I didn't think it would be an opportunity to get to know her more or her me....after all she may have rejected an official second date for whatever strange reason, but that's when we would have got to know each other more.
    I don't think it's the right approach at all. I agree with Rose. Please don't act desperate just because of your age. I didn't get married or become a mom till I was 42. Getting Ready for a First Date

If it was just a playdate you wouldn't still be mentioning her previous text and you wouldn't be worried about being "friend-zoned".

You ARE "using" this alleged playdate to try to convince her to date you.

Your age is not a factor. 42 is not at all old, you are in your prime.

You're going to do what you're going to do, but I'm going to assume you wouldn't be posting about it here if you weren't looking for some input. That being said? I'd consider this a good moment to turn on the lights, look in the mirror, and ask yourself if this is really who you want to be at 42: a man very much using his child, and another's child, to facilitate a hang with a woman who you just can't fathom didn't feel enough spark to keep hanging.

It's just...well, it's not the best look. I believe you're sincere in saying you'd love to find some other adult companions for "playdates," that it can all get a little lonesome, but I just don't get the sense that those sincere thoughts have anything to do with your intentions in reaching out to her. Seems her lack of interest in you has made you really, really interested, which might be something to reflect on.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by teach
    As for using the kids, yes and no. Like I said, it would be genuinely nice to find another single parent to be able to do stuff with the kids with. It is very hard to find. I have friends without kids and married friends with kids....but when I have my boy, it's difficult to have adult company at the same time as taking him out etc. Don't get me wrong, sometimes its great just me and him...other times it would be great to have another adult there.
    Teach.

Stop. Just stop, dude.

This is way too desperate and your motives are completely transparent. Don't involve the children in your ploy to get another "date" out her. And yes, that's exactly what you're doing.

Leave her alone. Let go. And find someone else who doesn't turn you down in the first place.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice