Blocked by ex

Hky2020

Dated ex 1.5 years. I broke up with her but it was mostly mutual. 2 weeks no contact tried to reconcile, she didn’t believe I could change started dating someone new. We had a couple talks after that we’re calm and complimentary. I told her to block me on messenger she did. I went no contact. 2 months later she’s still with guy and seems happy. I see post with hyperlink removed discover she blocked me. I had no way of contacting her and we weren’t friends on site so my feed didn’t come up. Just confused as to why she would go out of her way to do that. Still care about her but accepted breakup.Why would someone do this if they moved on?

So that you don't contact her again or interrupt her happiness. Someone who is genuinely happy with their partner doesn't go looking for an ex to reconnect with out of respect for both her own future happiness and out of respect for her partner's feelings.

Let go. It doesn't sound like you're over her completely. Is there something in the relationship that you miss or can't find with anyone else?

Because it's "out of sight, out of mind." Ghosting, blocking and deleting are actually all mentally healthy mechanisms to truly move on for real. Sever all ties so you can disconnect and move on with your life, too. Dwelling on the past is unhealthy. Move forward and learn to release the grip from the past.

Respect her wishes and do likewise. Don't try to make rhyme nor reason out of this or her actions. Let her live her life on her terms and go your own way without her consuming your every thought. It's over. Accept it and soldier on.

She did so precisely because you broke up and she, at least has actually moved on for real. She doesn't want you watching her life via social media and she doesn't care to see yours anymore either. You are both no longer a part of each others lives.....as it should be.

The break up doesn't have to be acrimonious for your ex to do what is normal - remove an ex from her social media. She removed/blocked you because that's the respectful thing to do for her current relationship and bf. No need to keep ex's around.

You need to understand that when you break up, you lose all privileges, including that of friendship.

Sorry to hear that. You told her to block you and she's in a new relationship. It's a sign she's moved on. Besides, the last thing you want is access to her new romance unfolding or worse an on/off situation, So all is well.

-I broke up with her

-I told her to block me on messenger she did.

-2 months later she’s still with guy and seems happy.

-I see post with hyperlink removed discover she blocked me.

Yeah I would get it if we were friends on site but we weren’t. Her stuff was protected and I don’t post much. Nothing about her. Just find it strange that even with 0 possibility of contact and connection she felt she needed to.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people will rip up every pic, throw every present from the ex into trash or send it to charity and otherwise purge their life of everything reminding them of an ex, including blocking and deleting all means of contact. The important part to remember is that it's not about you, but rather just how they deal with these things. Not your circus, not your monkeys anymore.

You dumped her, remember? So let go. Focus on your own life and healing and don't worry about what your ex might be up to. Not your headache anymore.

I’m not over her completely. But I couldn’t contact her even if I wanted to which I don’t/won’t. Was 0 way too. Just find at weird that even with no connection, she couldn’t even exist on the same platform as me.

It's a process. Time will heal your old wounds someday. Anytime relationships or friendships end, it takes time for pain, hurt, bitterness or resentment to fade away. As time marches on, people will become a blur in your memory and eventually there will be days, weeks or months when they won't enter your thoughts anymore.

For many people, if there's no connection, they don't bother wasting their time, energy, labor and resources on others anymore. It is human nature. There is no benefit, no personal reward nor joy anymore so people learn to walk away from others. She did this to you because she wants a better life without you in it. Well, do the same for yourself, too.

Instead of obsessing over her and the thought of her consuming you, stop dwelling and ruminating. It does no good. Get busy living or you'll get busy dying inside. Give yourself healthy distractions, work hard, concentrate on your education or career, exercise, take care of your health, surround yourself with honorable, very moral people (even virtually) and take good care of yourself. Stop wasting time.

Being consumed by a person who is no longer interested in you is a waste of your life, energy and time. They're not that important because they don't think you're important either. It works both ways. In other words, get a life. It's the only way to recover.

Thanks been working on myself fixing problems that led to breakup and my emotional iq. Taking a break from dating atm. Been 4 months since breakup don’t have any desire yet

Breaks are good. Give her a break too. She doesn't add to your life. This may be the last step before truly moving on yourself and not holding yourself back from thinking of yourself as an independent entity, aside from the past and what happened in the relationship. Keep your chin up. I think it's a blessing in disguise.

I told her to block me on messenger she did. I went no contact.

I see post with hyperlink removed discover she blocked me. Just confused as to why she would go out of her way to do that.

I don't quite understand why you are confused about her blocking you?? You broke up. You told her to block you on messenger. You went no contact. It's OVER. She's moved on. She's an EX. You're no longer a part of her life. Blocking you is totally reasonable in the circumstances. There's no reason to be confused. She's clearly moved on. So should you.

Archived