LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Husband doesnít take Childís Safety Seriously

Husband doesnít take Childís Safety Seriously

My 3 yr old started Preschool at a public school. Itís not the best school but itís something to get him out of the house and interacting. On day 3 my husband keeps nagging me about our son should take the school bus in the morning as well as afternoon. For now he only takes the bus in the afternoon. I got him ready this morning and told my husband to drop him off and he acted like driving him for 5 minutes was such a huge task. Our son is still adjusting and scared when we drop him off. I just feel like this man could care less about our childís physical and psychological well-being. In addition he keeps bringing up changing his work schedule to the afternoon form 6pm- 2am. When I tell him maybe he should look for another job he talks about I wanna start my own business. This man is all over the place and stressing me out more than my child.

Sorry to hear this. Very frustrating and hurtful to hear. Are you able to take him to preschool yourself? It sounds like it's close by.

Platinum Member
    I don't understand why there isn't someone taking him and picking him up. He is too young to be riding the bus. That's nuts!

Platinum Member
    I read some of your old threads. You have been having issues with this guy for some time. he was a jerk then, and he is a jerk now. None of this behavior is new.

Have you sought counseling? Are you going to stay with him?

Do you both work? Do you both have cars?

I don't think it's the right decision for a three year old to take the school bus either way. Is he in a car seat?

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    School buses donít use car seats . My son was on the school bus at 3 but on the disability bus so he was seat belted. However, with Covid I wouldnít send a 3 year old to school. My son was in JK at 3. But really they can finger paint and play at home.

Bronze Member
    A three year old shouldn't be taking a school bus. When I was starting school I remember how much I disliked it and that was with my mom dropping me off and picking me up. So I can imagine how much worse it would be having to take a bus.

He should be taking a bigger role in your son's life. When you are a parent, the child should be the top priority. If there are problems in the relationship, you need to address it for your sake and the child's.

Thatís what I said. He makes me feel like Iím crazy for being worried about a 3 yrs old riding a bus. Itís very close a 5 min ride. we have one car. He takes it to work and I wake up in the morning and get him ready. All he has to do is drive him and he fights with me on the way out the door. Youíre right heís been a jerk for years now. Iíve turned to my family for support and they have turned me down time and time again. Thanks guys I just needed someone to validate my concerns and Iíll do whatever it takes to make my son feel safe.

Platinum Member
    Are you going to stay with this guy?

Are you going to get a job?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice