Husband doesn’t take Child’s Safety Seriously

Lisa Love

My 3 yr old started Preschool at a public school. It’s not the best school but it’s something to get him out of the house and interacting. On day 3 my husband keeps nagging me about our son should take the school bus in the morning as well as afternoon. For now he only takes the bus in the afternoon. I got him ready this morning and told my husband to drop him off and he acted like driving him for 5 minutes was such a huge task. Our son is still adjusting and scared when we drop him off. I just feel like this man could care less about our child’s physical and psychological well-being. In addition he keeps bringing up changing his work schedule to the afternoon form 6pm- 2am. When I tell him maybe he should look for another job he talks about I wanna start my own business. This man is all over the place and stressing me out more than my child.

A three year old shouldn't be taking a school bus. When I was starting school I remember how much I disliked it and that was with my mom dropping me off and picking me up. So I can imagine how much worse it would be having to take a bus.

He should be taking a bigger role in your son's life. When you are a parent, the child should be the top priority. If there are problems in the relationship, you need to address it for your sake and the child's.

That’s what I said. He makes me feel like I’m crazy for being worried about a 3 yrs old riding a bus. It’s very close a 5 min ride. we have one car. He takes it to work and I wake up in the morning and get him ready. All he has to do is drive him and he fights with me on the way out the door. You’re right he’s been a jerk for years now. I’ve turned to my family for support and they have turned me down time and time again. Thanks guys I just needed someone to validate my concerns and I’ll do whatever it takes to make my son feel safe.

Archived