Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718

Thread: Can good friendship ever become more?

Originally Posted by Batya33
    You chose to get drunk and chose the consequences.
    Not really any "consequences"; she asked a very vague question to me that seemed peculiar, and nothing in my answer was anything "bad" for the friendship. I was more confused by the question than anything else.

All I'm saying is, she's awkward, I get the sense she also doesn't want to push me away in general, and she even specifically told me she doesn't like having to initiate things with guys. So, again, I'm not trying to give myself hope, I just don't feel this is as simple as "If she wanted to be with you, she'd get with you".

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SonicHighway
    Not really any "consequences"; she asked a very vague question to me that seemed peculiar, and nothing in my answer was anything "bad" for the friendship. I was more confused by the question than anything else.

All I'm saying is, she's awkward, I get the sense she also doesn't want to push me away in general, and she even specifically told me she doesn't like having to initiate things with guys. So, again, I'm not trying to give myself hope, I just don't feel this is as simple as "If she wanted to be with you, she'd get with you".
    It's only complicated because you are trying to justify your choices. Ask her out -then you will know if she wants to be with you. Here's the truth - the last time I saw my husband before he asked me if I wanted to get back together if he hadn't said anything I doubt I would have -he was leaving town for a long time, and I still wasn't entirely sure he was into me. I certainly showed I was interested but it was tricky because we were not on an actual date. He's shy and introverted and used to be much more so. I'm glad he stepped up to the plate.

Honestly, I'm at a point where I feel that talking to her wouldn't necessarily hurt the friendship, and feeling that way, I'll probably bite the bullet and say something either next time we hang out, or if she says something that gives me reason to take pause, then maybe the time after that. Granted, I don't know when I'll see her next, as our get togethers are usually 2-3 weeks apart. But yes, I do think I will speak up very soon.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SonicHighway
    Honestly, I'm at a point where I feel that talking to her wouldn't necessarily hurt the friendship, and feeling that way, I'll probably bite the bullet and say something either next time we hang out, or if she says something that gives me reason to take pause, then maybe the time after that. Granted, I don't know when I'll see her next, as our get togethers are usually 2-3 weeks apart. But yes, I do think I will speak up very soon.
    Great idea!

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 15161718

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice