Should I take a part time position that pays more, with the same benefits?

Honeycomb8

All depends on the industry you are in.

And other factors.

Would you be moving into a higher position ? Assuming so because higher pay?

Is it to further your career? And actually the best person for the job if that’s the case?

Or are you going for a position that simply pays more but not the field you want to pursue?

You tell us! Because how can we know if it will help or hinder with no information given?

If it's part time hours, what will you be doing with that extra time? I think an interviewer would be impressed if you used that time to take courses, to further educate yourself. With this covid pay stuff....a lot of employers are taking notice because they know most are abusing it...especially students. Why work when you can get paid to sit on your ass, attitude is what employers will be looking at.

You don't need to describe job experience as part time or full time, so that's irrelevant. Would the work itself benefit your experience?

I respectfully disagree. I've always indicated this on a resume because if they call references they will find out. in certain fields they would want to know that as far as level of experience.

Keep in mind that things like hours are subject to change. Depending on the field, if something comes up and they need you for more hours, that arrangement can disappear in a second. A company can promise a lot of things, but you never really know what you are getting into until you are there.

I'd focus on two things. One, career advancement. Is this a place where you can grow professionally, acquire new skills, and work your way forward to whatever your career goals may be? Two, company culture. Is this a company you would actually enjoy working for? You want to enjoy going to the job, no matter how many hours it is or what the pay is. Believe me, all the perks in the world is not worth the stress and frustration of dealing with a company you don't enjoy being at.

Archived