LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can I motivate him to call me his girlfriend

How can I motivate him to call me his girlfriend

So I’ve been seeing a guy for the past 4 months. In those months a lot has happened. At month 2 we decided to be exclusive. We’ve been seeing each other consistently and at month 3 he invited me for a weekend away with him in another state. We took that trip together and It was amazing. He paid for our stay, as well as bought me some gifts. We both stated that we’re looking for a relationship. We’ve been on a double date with my friend and her husband with plans to see them again next month. He’s also invited me to a double date with his friend and fiancé sometime this month. We call each other the couple nicknames such as baby and bae. And there was a time where he referred to me as his girl. I’m pretty sure that everyone on his side knows about me and it’s the same for me. My only concern is that I’m ready to call him my boyfriend, but we’ve never had that talk yet where we’ve said we were going to be an official couple. What are some ways I can get him say that we’re going to be an official couple, boyfriend/girlfriend. What can I do to motivate him a bit more. Any tips?

Bronze Member
    As a guy, I would not be calling a women baby and saying she was my girl unless I already considered her my girlfriend. If you've already talked about being exclusive, that sounds like you've had the talk already. So, is it just that he doesn't use the words? Because everything else sounds like it is going great. Maybe he just doesn't see how important those words are to you. If you really need it, let him know. Ask him if he wants to make it official. If you are comfortable, playfully call him your boyfriend. The best way to handle any situation is straight forward and honestly. Oh, and don't get so caught up in labels and little things, that you miss out on the great relationship happening all around you.

Platinum Member
    Well to be honest it sounds like he already does consider you his girlfriend. Many signs point to it. Do you mean you want to put it on Facebook? In what way do you want him to express that he's your boyfriend?

We’ve never used the terms. Like if i were to introduce him to someone I want to be able to say that he’s my boyfriend. I’m guessing I’ll just playfully call him my boyfriend one day and see how that plays out.

Platinum Member
    He treats you like a girlfriend so it wouldn’t hurt to ask. In any relationship you have to be able to communicate things like this.

Platinum Member
    Why can't you use his name? Why do you have to introduce him as your bf? I would think that would be obvious by how you interacted.

Personally, I don't anyone that introduces their bf/gf in that manner. I think it is time that you became more secure in your relationship.

How old are you?

Would the title change anything?
    It's someone's actions that count. Not the label.
    Focus on how he treats you and don't get stuck on the label. If it's meant to be it will happen on its own.

Platinum Member
    What is wrong with the relationship that you can’t just ask him if he considers you to be his gf?

I think you are highly anxious and need to chill out a bit.

How do you currently introduce him?? And what’s wrong with introducing someone by their name without a label?

Does it really matter whether you say to someone “this is Simon” or “this is my boyfriend Simon”?

What is more important to you?
    How you get on or how you label each other?

Personally I always disliked a guy introducing me as “my gf Billie “ , just freaking introduce me as “Billie”

People will deduce what they like.

But who cares? And why do you think anyone else cares?

Platinum Member
    The issue is communication - look up the song from fiddler on the roof "Do you love me" - it's like your situation. Does he tell you what his intentions are towards you as far as future potential? Have you told him? That's the really important discussion.

Also never try to motivate someone or convince someone to want to be with you or to want to be with you in a more serious way. Just be you. And let him be him. And let him come to that decision on his own.

Thanks, I guess I am being a bit anxious. We both have had talks about the future and what we both are looking for and we both seem to be on the same page. He does treat me like his girlfriend, so I guess I shouldnÂ’t be too hung up on the labels. I guess weÂ’re in one of those situations where you wake up one day and realize youÂ’re already in a relationship!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice