Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How can I motivate him to call me his girlfriend

Have that talk with him and ask him where he stands regarding the relationship. Ask him if you're just dating or official girlfriend / boyfriend? Get an answer from him and let him be clear so you will understand exactly what he thinks.

It's okay to be nervous, I think of the times where I was in your shoes and yeah, it's good to know 100% if you're on the same page.

I'm guessing that by the way you describe everything, that you're definitely his girlfriend.

The way I went about it back when I was in your shoes was I casually asked the man I was dating, if he minded me introducing him as my boyfriend when he met my friends or family and see what he said.

It's an exciting time in your relationship though and it sounds as though it's going really well.

Since you've both already agreed to be exclusive, what does 'official gf/bf' look like to you?

In other words, what does that require? A status change on social media? A celebration of some kind? Just a sentence of admission from him?

Figure out exactly what you want him to say or do that he's not saying or doing.

Let us know what that is, and we can go from there knowing what we're talking about.

Yes, curious to know if you need to make your relationship social media "official"?
    Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Since you've both already agreed to be exclusive, what does 'official gf/bf' look like to you? In other words, what does that require? A status change on social media?

Originally Posted by catfeeder
    Since you've both already agreed to be exclusive, what does 'official gf/bf' look like to you?

In other words, what does that require? A status change on social media? A celebration of some kind? Just a sentence of admission from him?

Figure out exactly what you want him to say or do that he's not saying or doing.

Let us know what that is, and we can go from there knowing what we're talking about.
    I’d like there to be more of an acknowledgement. A sentence of admission! That’s what it is!

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Yes, curious to know if you need to make your relationship social media "official"?
    I mean yes and no, I really don’t care too much about social media

Originally Posted by mayflower165
    I mean yes and no, I really don’t care too much about social media
    I'm gonna guess that you really mean "yes" here.

From what you describe, everything he is saying and doing is showing you that you are his girlfriend.

The fact that you need to have this explicitly laid out is down to you and your anxiety.

If you relax and let things go with the flow, you will find that all of that will just happen naturally.

It took us a long time to use the term "boyfriend" and "girlfriend"... not because we didn't feel that way, but because we are grown a$$ adults not "boys and girls". At first we used the term "manfriend" and "ladyfriend" but that seemed to confuse so many people that we just went with "boyfriend and girlfriend"... now that we are living together I prefer the term "partner"... I don't think the label matters, it's about the commitment to each other at the end of the day.

You are right Maew, the label doesn't matter a darn.

I cannot remember my husband and I ever saying we were BF or GF. Just introduced always by our names. Sure, once I had the engagement ring on my hand now and then someone might say "your future husband". But as Maew says it really is about the commitment.

Quick update, we’re still going strong and I decided not to worry so much about the labels since every thing else has been going great. We went out on a date this past weekend and he casually said.. “yea I was telling someone that (my girl) is also a teacher” as he refers to me. And later on in the week he also casually says yea we’re a cute couple. I like how him and I always end up on the same page so i don’t have to bring up awkward conversations.

Originally Posted by mayflower165
    Quick update, we’re still going strong and I decided not to worry so much about the labels since every thing else has been going great. We went out on a date this past weekend and he casually said.. “yea I was telling someone that (my girl) is also a teacher” as he refers to me. And later on in the week he also casually says yea we’re a cute couple. I like how him and I always end up on the same page so i don’t have to bring up awkward conversations.
    Great to hear, and thanks your thinking of us with the update.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice