Me and my ex dated for 16 months but within 2/3 days of him breaking up with me he’s got someone else, I think it’s a rebound but he’s saying I’m in denial and it’s serious.

Now he keeps telling me about her and his plans to spend time with her, for example that he went shopping for clothes for their date, he then told me the whole date and the clothes he got for it, all without me asking. Do you think he’s doing it because he wants me to feel like he’s moved on or is he trying to make me jealous?

I would want to get back with him, but I don’t know whether to do no contact or stay and show him what’s he’s missing. If you think no contact, could you give me some advice on what to do I.e. do I open his messages and leave on read or just not open, do I look on his social media like his snapchat story etc.

Thanks for the help and advice.

P.s. I’m 17 and he’s 18

I think he's trying to drive home the point that he has moved on, though in a very unpleasant way.

If he was instantly in another relationship, then it's not a rebound as much as monkey-branch. He had he in mind when he broke up with you, unfortunately. So it's not a rebound in the sense that he's using her to fill a void. That doesn't necessarily mean they will last a long time, but he's not dating her because he's in pain over your break-up.

You need to stop communicating with him. You two should not be having conversations about his new relationship. You'll never move on. No Contact would include deleting him altogether, including from social media. I know it hurts, but at 17, this boy isn't going to be the big love of your life. I promise you that. He was training wheels for the more serious and mature relationships yet to come for you.

Why are you letting him rub this crap in your face??? Sorry hun but no guy is worth that kind of humiliation. You block/delete him from all social media, don't check his story out, block and lose his number. If he reaches out, don't look, don't respond. To be a winner is to go NC and cut him off completely.

Block and delete him! He's doing this to bug you and it's working. At 17 and 18 you both have so many more years to meet and date others before finding The One. Move on from him. Once you block him you won't see his messages and be tempted to read them.

I bet he was seeing the other girl while he was with you, at 18, that happens a lot.

Sorry to hear that. You need to go no contact and delete him and ALL his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. It doesn't matter if it's rebound or more likely...overlapping, stop giving him your time and company.

within 2/3 days of him breaking up with me he’s got someone else

Now he keeps telling me about her and his plans

Archived