Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why is this woman like this towards me?

why is this woman like this towards me?

This is happening at work -

I've seen her looking at me when i'm not looking but as soon as i go to look back she quickly turns her head away.

She pretty much blanks and ignores me, she will walk past and not even look and never says hi or morning... it always feels like I've done something wrong, but it seems like its done deliberately. It feels like she absolutely hates me! And I've never done anything to her!

we have had conversations but most of the time i have to initiate it, when i say hi and smile she smirks and looks to the ground like shes trying to hide it, and she struggles with eye contact in conversation with me but then it all goes back to how it was the next day like we have never ever spoken to each other before, its odd!

Sometimes we lock eyes and have long deep eye contact, but this is more than likely from a bit of distance

And she gives me even more attitude if she sees me talking to another woman.

What is going on? Its the ignoring bit that really gets to me, it really feels like she hates me

Platinum Member
    She sounds very shy. Or, perhaps she's uncomfortable exploring anything in the workplace.

I doubt she hates you; you're reading too much into that. She couldn't she hate you when she barely knows you. And what do you mean she gives you attitude if she sees you talking to another woman? What does she say or do?

She just sounds a bit socially awkward and reserved. If it's this hard to make conversation with her, though, you're probably best to move along.

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    She sounds very shy. Or, perhaps she's uncomfortable exploring anything in the workplace.

I doubt she hates you; you're reading too much into that. She couldn't she hate you when she barely knows you. And what do you mean she gives you attitude if she sees you talking to another woman? What does she say or do?

She just sounds a bit socially awkward and reserved. If it's this hard to make conversation with her, though, you're probably best to move along.

On Tuesday she randomly approached me and started saying how much she liked my new car, and then asked "will you let me sit in it?" i said maybe and she looked away and started smiling and looked excited.

Anyway Thursday i was chatting to another woman who is polish in view of the woman in question and i think she saw, i go back to my machine and literally 15 mins later polish woman walks past and we start another conversation, then guess who walks past! Shes walking to the toilet and see's us talking for the second time in quick succession, but instead of pretending that I don't exist like she normally does she walks a certain way so she walks directly face on to me and in my eye line and looks right at me.

My machine is by the toilets so i wait for her to come out at the end of my machine, i said hi and she replied with hi back turned her head away really fast with attitude, to try and keep her there i asked how her day was going she stopped walking turned around came back and she replied "fine! why do you always wear a baseball cap?" it was a really random out of place question but i said "i just do". I'm losing my hair and found myself wearing caps to deal with it as its a bit of an insecure thing for me. But i think shes cottoned on to this and used it against me cause she was jealous of this other woman.

But i changed the subject and said if she wanted to sit in my car, she could, she laughed and said "maybe one day" and walked off!

now shes back ignoring me.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by shane1984
    On Tuesday she randomly approached me and started saying how much she liked my new car, and then asked "will you let me sit in it?" i said maybe and she looked away and started smiling and looked excited.

But i changed the subject and said if she wanted to sit in my car, she could, she laughed and said "maybe one day" and walked off!
    My dude. This is you cue to ask her out, not to literally sit in your car.

Ask if she wants to grab a coffee or drink with you.

i felt like i did but her reaction laughing and saying "maybe one day" was bad... did i misinterpret what she meant?

Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    My dude. This is you cue to ask her out, not to literally sit in your car.

Ask if she wants to grab a coffee or drink with you.
    i felt like i did but her reaction laughing and saying "maybe one day" was bad... did i misinterpret what she meant?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by shane1984
    You did not ask her on a date.

You asked her to "sit in your car." Those are not the same, even if you think your intent was clear. If you want a better idea of where her interest is, ask if you could take her for a drink or some such thing. The worst she can do is decline, in which case, you'll have your answer.

She's shy/awkward and really likes you which exasperates her anxiety. That's why she acts weird because she doesn't know how to act...maybe has very little experience. Just ingore how she responds or acts and just be yourself...smile, wave, make conversation, keep your goal in focus....to ask her out!

I think she likes you but has no idea how to approach you or really speak to you. If you are interested in her you need to break the ice.

She likes you, probably, but she sees you chatting up every other woman there as well and that's making her second-guess the whole thing.

How many women there are you trying to score with?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice