Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is allowing my cat outside encouraging her aggressive behaviors?

Just wanted to thank you all for your replies and links to info. I will continue to read and look for ways to make my little cat as happy and healthy as possible.
    I am probably only saying this because she is my pet, but I think she is curious, fearless and very social. From the first time I saw her as a 12-week old in the shelter she came right up to me, looked me in the eye and meowed like she was giving me a command to play with her. She does the same thing now but includes scratching under the door if I close it when I am working and she wants to come in the room, she follows me around the house, she greets me at the door when she hears my car pull up the driveway and I just think she is a darling little girl with a huge personality. Yes, I suppose she trained me very well.
    Thanks everyone.

Originally Posted by GingerMay
    Just wanted to thank you all for your replies and links to info. I will continue to read and look for ways to make my little cat as happy and healthy as possible.
    I am probably only saying this because she is my pet, but I think she is curious, fearless and very social. From the first time I saw her as a 12-week old in the shelter she came right up to me, looked me in the eye and meowed like she was giving me a command to play with her. She does the same thing now but includes scratching under the door if I close it when I am working and she wants to come in the room, she follows me around the house, she greets me at the door when she hears my car pull up the driveway and I just think she is a darling little girl with a huge personality. Yes, I suppose she trained me very well.
    Thanks everyone.
    Your welcome! I know I enjoyed participating in this thread :) Anything to do with cats I'm so in lol.

We had a cat when I was a kid, we called him Big Mr. Puss. He was a gansta. Huge animal, ordinary moggie, but I suspect he had some wildcat blood. Back then we lived in the country surrounded by a small wood, so being out was what he loved. He'd come in and sit by the fire a while on cold evenings, and gaze at you with those dangerous eyes. And he had that deep growl if annoyed. Obviously he was a fighter, and I don't think it was small rodents either. The muscles one could feel under his fur and even along his paws were amazing. Yet he'd follow my mother around the garden (she was the only one to handle him) purring, and once he sank his fangs into her (shapely lol) calf. Not deep, a love bite so to speak. He'd let her take the tangles and mud out of his fur, and apply whatever remedy to any scratch or bite he had. Then he'd be off again on his woodland adventures. In his own way a beautiful animal, big wide face, fur sticking out on either side, but those eyes always held a warning.

Originally Posted by GingerMay
    Thanks everyone.
    She sounds adorable. I do believe in letting the cat choose you rather than the other way around

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I love kitties. I have had kitties for 50 years.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice