Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drunk Wife

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    You are both alcoholics so why point fingers at your wife? The victims here are your children, not you
    I read the history, they both have a huge problem with alcohol!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Bigchief
    Thanks for all your advice. I'm so sad and worried about it. I saw a counsellor today and we have a joint session planned on Saturday.
    As I said I have stopped drinking completely. I need my wife back!
    I guess I misunderstood "I have stopped drinking completely now until this is resolved" This did not sound permanent. Please seek help.

I hope you are going to or seeking help through AA. I doubt very highly the meetings have stopped....contact them and see. You will find a lot of help and resources through this agency to cope with your situation. It's for anyone, and the meetings run 24/7. Do it for her, yourself, and your children. IMO your children, when they get old enough will have knowledge of this....stop it before that happens. I come from a family of alcoholics...you just can't stop drinking, and think you can handle drinking again....that's A #1 - all out DENIAL. And yes alcoholism can be passed onto your children, they are vulnerable....better start now working on having a alcohol free life.

Given that everyone in your family and hers seems to be on board, I would consider seeking out interventionists in your area to start the intervention process so you can get her some help.

If you don't, there is indeed a chance she might end up causing harm to herself, her children, or both as a result of her drinking.

Joining AA together would be a great idea since it appears alcohol is a problem for you both.

Why don't you make a call and see where the nearest meeting is held and go by yourself first and then broach the subject with her.

Lost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice