Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Husband chose sisterís feelings over mine

Bronze Member

Husband chose sisterís feelings over mine

Iíve been dealing with an awful sister in law for a long time now. Itís one thing after another. The whole family is fairly certain that she has undiagnosed bipolar disorder. She will randomly decide she is mad at someone for no reason. My husbandís ex whom she didnít get along with when she was with him is now someone she is obsessed with and just loves so much. I know itís just to bother me. Anyways, she purposely didnít invite me to her kidís birthday party but invited my husband. He decided to go without telling me. I am bothered because I feel like he chose her feelings over mine and did exactly what she wanted him to do. I just feel like if someone purposely didnít invite my husband to something to be mean, I wouldnít go. I feel that him going and not saying anything about how it was wrong for her to do that, heís sending her the message that itís okay and acceptable to treat his wife poorly. What should I do? He doesnít even want to hear what I have to say about it.

The problem is your husband.
    Originally Posted by Marshmellow12
    He decided to go without telling me.

Bronze Member
    Oh, I agree.

Your sister in law isn't the problem.

Your relationship with your husband is.

Bronze Member
    Absolutely.

Totally agree with the others. Your husband is the problem. If you tried talking to him and he won't even listen or doesn't support you? Why are you in this marriage?

I probably would stop being a wife to him. You know only talking about the children, shutting down romantically, only doing chores that support me and the children... Cooking for me and kids, doing only the kids and my laundry.

I would just so mad, hurt and disappointed. That the man I chose to dedicate my life to would treat me so poorly and embarrass me this way in front of his family. not having my back.... Then he can't have my front.

I probably would be looking to separate. And I would not leave the house because it's half mine. It would be tough but actions speak louder than words. I don't know if I could forgive this.

Did he already go to the party? What happened when he came back?

Edited to add... Maybe forgive us the wrong term. If he doesn't see the problem, to be forgiven, I couldn't move passed it
    Last edited by Lambert; 08-29-2020 at 04:48 PM.

Originally Posted by Marshmellow12
    He doesnít even want to hear what I have to say about it.
    Can you elaborate more on your relationship with your husband? He sounds like he doesn't respect you.

Platinum Member
    Your husband does not value you.

Platinum Member
    Marshmallow, If it isn't the family, it is your husband. When are you going to make some changes? Same old, same old. I suggest you read through your threads to understand that this is not a healthy relationship.

Bronze Member
    He normally does listen and care about my feelings to an extent, unless it has to do with his sister or probably anyone in his family. He keeps saying that I'm mad at him for going to a party, which shows he hasn't listened to a word I've said. Yes, he already went to the party. I didn't even know he went until he came home (I thought he was working) and he had cake and I asked where it came from. That's when he told me. He straight up told me "it was either piss her off or piss you off."

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice