Recurring dream

kim42

Hey everyone, I’ve been having this recurring dream for the last couple of weeks. It’s not every night, but at least once a week. I’m dreaming about being back at high school and it’s not pleasant. Usually it’s the same situation, I’m really stressed about my biology class, I either find out I missed a class or didn’t do an assignment. It’s a short dream, yet extremely vivid and stressful.

I rarely have recurring dreams about the same thing, and I don’t understand why I have dreams about high school now that I’m an adult. I usually don’t care about my dreams, they are short, and I rarely remember them, so this is rather new to me. I know I can simply ignore this dream, but does it mean anything that I keep dreaming about the same situation?

I have dreams that often involve snow and happening at night when it's dark out and I'm trying to get somewhere and not being able to finish my trip. I lived in the snowbelt for. years and hated winter and all the snow, and was finally thrilled to move over 4 yrs ago to a warmer area. So why do I dream about issues with snow? I dont know! I think it may have to do with unresolved issues for both you and me! Thankfully it doesn't happen, but when it does there's always a lot of snow in the dream.

I used to have the exact same re-occurring nightmare back in my early 20's.

I asked options about what it might be about and one opinion struck a chord with me. I was told that it was partially anxiety, partially me feeling 'stuck' with my own personal growth. Knowing that I wasn't a teenager anymore but not feeling like I had gotten to the level of feeling like a full fledged adult.

It made sense to me as I did feel like I didn't know what I was doing with my life or what I wanted to do. I knew I wasn't a kid anymore but I felt confused and lost like one.

As I gained more experience in life, the dreams eventually stopped. I think I had finally matured to where I no longer felt out of control or confused and lost.

It took a few years and a lot of growth, but I eventually got there.

Perhaps your dreams are along the same lines.

I've had the same kind of dream as an adult, not being ready for an exam in a class I didn't even know I was taking. Which is odd, since I was always the type to be extra prepared for any test and almost never missed class.

Anything stressful happening in your life? Been thinking about the past lately? Dreams are a strange mixture of things that manifest itself in ways you would never imagine. If you are stressed or anxious about something, try to work on it. Otherwise, just enjoy dreams for the crazy rides they take us on.

I think you should try meditating at night, put some lavender essential oil drops on your wrist and breathe in and out. Try to relax, clearly you are dreaming of something that's giving you this unrestlessness due to some trauma or bad memory. Always remind yourself before you go to sleep that you look forward to new dreams and to new memories and the future, that the past is the past.Tell that to yourself over and over again till you fall asleep

It's anxiety over feeling unprepared or not ready to deal with a situation.

I used to have that dream frequently. Now that I'm receiving treatment for my anxiety I have recurring dreams about road trips. Those dreams are very pleasant, especially since many of them have my mother in them (she passed away in the early 1990s).

For some reason I dream a lot about needing a bathroom and not being able to find one, or it's out of order or someone's in it. I'm sure that has something to do with my bladder needing to be emptied lol.

Thanks guys I think it's probably anxiety, I've been feeling stressed lately :upset:

This makes a lot of sense. I had terrible dreams awhile back and now I have no dreams at all. Or no recollection whatsoever. Totally blissful, wonderful sleeps.

Hope you figure out what's stressing you out and get away from all that or are able to minimize the effects in your life. Feel better soon.

Archived