Shall I continue seeing him or not?

maxineneal95

We have been arguing a lot recently. He always go outs drinking all the times and it always me asking him out and we had this conversation quite a few times. Latest argument was he got annoyed that I booked a restaurant and he did not want to go after he first made a suggestion to go elsewhere just for a drinks at a bar. I in the end was willing to compromise and said we can both places. But then he suggested that I should eat something beforehand and then go out for a drinks at the pub anyway.

He was already out at this point with his brother and dad and said to do what I want and he would see him tomorrow if I was not busy and that he is going stay round his brothers instead after not even him seeing for a good few days. I then out of stupidity went round to his pub and said why he is acting like this. He told me he got annoyed because originally we supposed to be hanging out a different time. I didn't tell him the reason why I cancelled, I said it was of my dad is in hospital and not doing well and then I said I needed him. But he said no. And that I should of him before.

He texted me after and said I can't always be there but will try my best to be and he does care though. I then texted him to say that is not good enough and that I am rethinking our relationship. He said go on like how. I said he is not the same person I fell in love with when we first started dating amongst other things. He said he still the same person that we are going through a bad run but we will make it work and tried to phone me in the middle of the night.

After this I texted him and said we cannot go on like this with the arguing all the time and that he broke my trust by not being there and thought he would never to do that to me and that he will have to show me he is the still the same person I fell in love with. He then texted to say will talk properly when I get back and will try sort this out. I texted him after this and said I don't want to break up with him but I can do Tuesday. No reply since yesterday?

How long have you been dating? Unfortunately, he's a problem drinker and your life will be misery if you stay. Additionally he makes no effort to see you. Cut him loose and cut your loses. It's no win situation.

We have been arguing a lot recently.

He always go outs drinking all the times

he first made a suggestion to go elsewhere just for a drinks at a bar.

Why exactly are you handling the most sensitive issues of your romantic relationship by texting?

I can almost guarantee you would have a different outcome had you taken his phone call or agreed to talk face to face when you were both calm.

At this point the damage is probably done.

In the future, leave texting for insignificant updates. Not conflict management.

I would have been out as soon as he said he can't always be there for you.

That is not the statement of a man that loves you. That is the statement of a man that is letting you know, don't expect too much and I'm only in this as long as it benefits me.

You should have dumped this creep, long ago! You still want to meet up with him, after he has shown you, time and again, that he does not respect, like, or value you. He doesn't even give a sh*t what you are dealing with with your dad. UGH. If you continue, you will have none else to blame but yourself. He is also an alcoholic.

I hope that your dad feels better!

Why exactly are you handling the most sensitive issues of your romantic relationship by texting?

I can almost guarantee you would have a different outcome had you taken his phone call or agreed to talk face to face when you were both calm.

At this point the damage is probably done.

In the future, leave texting for insignificant updates. Not conflict management.

He called her after he had finished up at the bar.

Archived