Is it possible to get back together with ex?

BizzyBee

Is it ever actually possible to get back together with ex after some time has passed since you broke up? And if they have started to see other people? In my scenario my ex isn't dating anyone but has been on dates with other individuals. How should I approach them to talk about our relationship? I assume the best way is to start to become friends again and then decide if it's right. Thank you.

Have a long talk with your ex and find out if he's willing to give it another go. Take it slow and take it from there. See where it takes you.

Be honest, tell him your feelings, give him a chance to speak and express his feelings and talk it all out. Then both of you can decide if it's right.

What was the reason for the breakup?

The worst ones are those who broke up because one of them was taking the other for granted, neglecting them or ignoring them. Those are very difficult to overcome because they think, oh, you only started noticing me after I'd had enough and left you? It seems very insincere.

Also if there was cheating. Or abuse.

Are you on speaking terms or are you getting this info off of social media etc?

Like someone once said to me, "I've got nothing left to lose". You have nothing left to lose by asking so ask and be frank about your intentions. The friends-friends thing gets stale after awhile especially if you're after something else entirely or something more.

I hope you find your answers sooner rather than later. There is nothing worse than putting your life on hold waiting for someone to make up their mind about you.

Yes, I have know a handful of couples who have reunited after a break-up, though only 2 of those couples made the reconciliation last and are still together now.

This very much depends on the individuals involved and circumstances surrounding the break-up. Can you give us some backstory on you and your ex, and why you split up?

The only way to do this is to contact them and ask if they would like to meet up for a coffee....then have your honest conversation if they would like to start over. You can't ease your way back because they have it already made up in their mind whether they want to or not. So no careful planning, flirting, casting spells is going to work.

Archived