Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Approached a girl for the first time in my life, confused about her behavior.

Approached a girl for the first time in my life, confused about her behavior.

Dating isn't done here, so many girls and guys have no idea about this stuff.

There's this girl at my gym who I have been seeing for around a few months. Over the course of time, we exchanged a few looks and stuff, but I didn't think into it.

She was walking somewhere, and she looked at me and smiled before I looked at her, which could have been accidental. I looked down quickly to not get any ideas. After this incident, I've caught her staring at me while I was busy with something, and when i caught her, she'd always quickly look down. She'll also look at me through the mirror when I'm unaware, look at me from a distance, and ignore me when close.
    I think she was interested, but me ignoring her smile might have made her back off.

After that we exchanged a few looks. She always looked at me before looking at her, and she held eye contact, but I was always the one to break it first. I have the feeling that she wanted me to catch her looking, there's this lingering eye contact before she looks away.
    I asked my friend to help me out. He went up to her and said "Excuse me, this guy wants to talk to you". She smiled and said hi, and we shook hands. I asked her name, to which she replied with it, and then we stood there looking at each other in awkward silence and smiling for 3-4 seconds.

I said "Okay, thanks" and went away for a few seconds. I went up to her again and asked her if she didn't mind that I'm talking to her, she said no. I then asked her if we could talk for 2 minutes, she asked me what I wanted to talk about. I got nervous , said "Never mind", and left.

The next 2 days, I think that she ignored me, so I didn't talk. Then the next 2-3 days she started to look again, but now she'll only do it when I'm not aware,, like looking through the corner of her eye. I also had to talk to her again, which was unrelated to our talk, and she looked at me with a blank face before moving. I think she wanted me to talk again or something. Now she'll always look down when walking past me, and I do the same.

I'm not sure what's going on, any help?

Speca.

What you describe sounds exhausting! All this catfooting around. WE are not mind readers so no idea what could be on this girl's mind.

Just ask her out, straight out. Or is this a situation where you have to ask one of her family members if you can ask her out.

Originally Posted by LaHermes
    Speca.

What you describe sounds exhausting! All this catfooting around. WE are not mind readers so no idea what could be on this girl's mind.

Just ask her out, straight out. Or is this a situation where you have to ask one of her family members if you can ask her out.
    I can't just ask her out like that.

People in western countries date, and then get into relationships. It's the other way around here; you get into a relationship first, and then go dating with them. It sounds weird, but the scarce dating that is done here works like this.
    I asked a few female friends about this, and they told me that she is likely interested, but won't get into this stuff, because most girls, even if interested, just don't do this where I am located.

She might be interested in you, but is it ok for you to asker out for coffee or is that forbidden? Where do you live?

I live in India. Unmarried people are just very conserved here.

I'm unsure of myself if I should just ask her out like that. It's not forbidden, I'll have to create a good relationship first before i ask her out.

Have someone officially introduce you. That way it's not just staring and smiling. Do whatever your culture does to get a courtship started . Surely people in your culture eventually get together, otherwise you wouldn't even be here to post about it.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Have someone officially introduce you. That way it's not just staring and smiling. Do whatever your culture does to get a courtship started . Surely people in your culture eventually get together, otherwise you wouldn't even be here to post about it.
    This makes the most sense in my case, but I'm kinda afraid of getting rejected. I'm not sure if she's interested.

So that's really what's going on, Speca!

" I'm kinda afraid of getting rejected."

Remember, fortune favours the brave. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I am a little puzzled, Speca, and even taking your cultural customs into account, how can you have a "relationship" with someone if you don't spend some time with them? Serious question.

Are you allowed to meet in groups, where she could be present? A chaperone, maybe?

That's a good idea Wiseman. Ask older male friends or your father/uncles.
    Last edited by LaHermes; 08-12-2020 at 10:41 AM.

Ask your dad or older male friends/family how to go about it. Everyone dislikes rejection. But if that is the case, you simply move on.
    Originally Posted by Speca2
    This makes the most sense in my case, but I'm kinda afraid of getting rejected. I'm not sure if she's interested.

You have zero confidence....the attraction died when she discovered this. That is what happened. It's over.

A) you don't have a friend help out...lame.

B) you quickly look down...lame

C) you couldn't even strike up a conversation and ask her for her number....well you know the rest.

What is needed: Strong eye contact, smile, a nod to acknowledge you have interest. You see her looking again, you turn around and flex your muscles in a joking manner to make her laugh...be a little goofy. You approach and introduce yourself, ask her for her name. Talk about working out, diet, then ask her if she would be down for a drink at the juice bar. Then proceed to chit chat about travel, silly questions if she is a dog or cat person, just funny random stuff. You get along, ask for her number....see if she is available for ____ or ____ on Saturday. During all this you are comfortable, kool and relaxed, strong eye contact, smiling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice