Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Approached a girl for the first time in my life, confused about her behavior.

Being this aggressive and rude is most likely not culturally accepted. He isn't "lame" or lacking confidence, just experience.
    Originally Posted by Speca2
    I can't just ask her out like that.People in western countries date, and then get into relationships. It's the other way around here; you get into a relationship first, and then go dating with them.
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    ask for her number....see if she is available for ____ or ____ on Saturday.

Platinum Member
    This makes the most sense in my case, but I'm kinda afraid of getting rejected. I'm not sure if she's interested.
    You have to start somewhere. Do something, and stop with all of the staring.

Can you ask her for a coffee? Could you include one of your other female friends, so it is not just the two of you?

I'm from the east so I get it. Just try talking with her next time and ask her simple things like how is she doing that day, how is her week looking and what does she have planned for the weekend. Keep it simple and wrap it up after a few minutes politely. Tell her it was great to talking and maybe you can both catch up again if she likes tomorrow.

I live in India. Unmarried people are just very conserved here.

I'm unsure of myself if I should just ask her out like that. It's not forbidden, I'll have to create a good relationship first before i ask her out.
    All she can do is say no, so be brave and ask!

Ok, perhaps start with small talk. Just friendly not flirty or asking for dates, numbers etc. If/when you feel there is some rapport perhaps see if she would have coffee with a group of mixed male/female friends or whatever is appropriate in your area for single people to socialize.
    I live in India. Unmarried people are just very conserved here. I'm unsure of myself if I should just ask her out like that. It's not forbidden, I'll have to create a good relationship first before i ask her out.

alright, i'll do that. thanks.

Platinum Member
    But you are still allowed to talk to a woman, yes? Start having conversations at least. Don't just say one word then run away! Lol I know you're nervous but just keep talking normally and having chats. When you see her, smile, say: "Hi, how are you? How's your day?" Stuff like that. Then if it's going well conversation wise you can start as friends? You could ask her to go for a walk in the park or for coffee? You don't have to say it's dating. Just keep getting to know her. Then if you really start to like each other once you know each other more, then you can say you are in a relationship and proceed. But you really need to build your confidence and actually talk to women! Good luck!

Originally Posted by Tinydance
    But you are still allowed to talk to a woman, yes? Start having conversations at least. Don't just say one word then run away! Lol I know you're nervous but just keep talking normally and having chats. When you see her, smile, say: "Hi, how are you? How's your day?" Stuff like that. Then if it's going well conversation wise you can start as friends? You could ask her to go for a walk in the park or for coffee? You don't have to say it's dating. Just keep getting to know her. Then if you really start to like each other once you know each other more, then you can say you are in a relationship and proceed. But you really need to build your confidence and actually talk to women! Good luck!
    Yes, talking to girls is okay, just not really done like how I did it; I don't know her at all, and we don't have any friends in common. Talking like that is usually not done, and girls mostly don't talk to strangers like that.

I just fear rejection, nothing else. I asked my friends who have some experience about this, and they told me that if she didn't want to talk, she'd have told me that she isn't interested (because girls usually don't talk to strangers here). I asked my sister about this, with whom I am open about this stuff, and she told me the same thing, that she wouldn't have talked if she wasn't interested. She said it's just how girls are raised to be on the defensive and stuff, since India is known to have really high assault cases and stuff, plus the non-dating culture. She said it's obvious that she is interested because she gave away personal info (her name) without thinking twice.

Then she also said that the way I talked to her was awkward and kinda creepy, and she would've gone away or told you to go away, but she didn't. Also, according to my sister, the reason she ignored me is because I gave off mixed signals, because I left her like that, which could've confused her.

But IMO assuming things like that won't do any good, because not everyone thinks the same. Though I lack confidence, so maybe it's just me that's thinking weird.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice