LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is she attracted?!

Originally Posted by alb
    Yeah! Also my GF is part of this common social circle that i described. She knows her for a year.
    I feel very uncomfortable because if she is attracted then somehow the dynamics should change.
    But if I she is not attracted, then it would seem really weird to stop answering out of the blue.
    That's why I want another opinion on her actions.
    What is your girlfriend's opinion? Getting Ready for a First Date

best advice....just ignore it.

It doesn't matter what her intentions are, be it boredom or trying to flirt, what matters is that she is overstepping your boundaries. So, you are long term friends, you are both adults - talk to her. Not from the "I think you are flirting" standpoint, but simply from "hey I'm your pal and these pics you are sending are not OK with me, please don't send anymore of them." or however you want to put it as you know her better than anyone here. When someone crosses your boundaries, it's always on you to enforce them. Don't make this complicated.

Gold Member
    Do you refer to her as a friend, buddy or sis when texting or talking to her? That generally works.

Even after all these years we can talk for hours. As you're getting older and possibly entering into being in a more serious relationship, romantically, those sorts of opposite sex friendships usually get shoved onto the back burner, or the friendship totally ends. Because your new gf likely won't want you talking for hours to a female friend, even if it's platonic. It's just a different sort of dynamic that most women aren't comfortable with, even if there are zero trust issues.

Perhaps this is a good sign that you need to make some changes, progressing into the more mature man you should be turning into. Just because something worked in the past, doesn't mean it should continue on in the present and future.

Platinum Member
    I think regardless if she's flirting or not, if you have a girlfriend and you don't feel comfortable with this, you should probably cut down on the contact. I don't think she should be contacting you constantly and sending pictures constantly if she knows you have a girlfriend. It's OK to be friends but it does sound like she's into you. And she shouldn't be pursuing someone who is not single.

Bronze Member
    People who are only friends don't send revealing pictures to you. They respect your boundaries and your relationship. As usual, honesty is the best policy. Make it clear that you value her friendship but that certain behavior is not acceptable. Regardless of her feelings for you, the behavior can't continue as it will only hurt your friendship and could end up hurting your girlfriend. Better to settle it now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice