Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of breaking up, but not 100% sure

Keep us updated. Hope things go all right.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    In the future I'd determine right away the person's stance on drug use since that is so important to you. I can relate -it was a dealbreaker for me if a person used illegal drugs or had an alcohol problem or smoked so I'd figure that out asap and move on as needed.
    Absolutely. I don't drink or smoke and neither does she so that was a unique plus I was totally down with. She smokes weed which I'm perfectly ok with even though I don't more than a few times a year these days. I found out early on that she wasnt into the idea of exploring lsd with me and I was cool with that because after all, its not for everyone and she's fine with me doing it once in a while. To be honest though I don't feel comfortable doing it around her because I know she can't really relate. It would be selfish of me to do so.
    I know it must sound like I'm doing lsd all the time but really its like once or twice a year, still though this means I won't really be able to share that experience with her. She'll be excluded from that very meaningful event that will be between me and a few friends that mean alot to me. Eventually I figure this will cause more problems for us in the future.
    What I've realized is that my perspective on things in life is just different than hers. Its caused IMO by a combination of my personality and experience with heavy doses of psychedelics over the last 20 years, and her personality, issues with depression, and lack of experience with psychedelics. I don't think she'll ever really understanding those experiences I've had that have been so influential on how I see life. I'm sure theres plenty of women out there that I'd hit it off with who will also have that kind of personal experience in their back pocket, allowing us to bond more intimately.
    Last edited by Wateroflife; 08-13-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Platinum Member
    I think you should find someone who uses drugs too like you do given the importance you place on what you experience when you use LSD even if "only" once or twice a year.

This is all probably worth noting but you know... if someone doesn't turn you on or is grandma-ish that is reason enough. You don't need to start making lists about what you don't like about a person if they just don't do it for you.

When you break up with her, don't mention these details or make sure you learn to filter. She deserves to be free (as do you) but not destroyed or broken.

Why not date someone from the LSD, DMT, Ayahuasca community?

Platinum Member
    Well from what I read about "Jane", there is nothing wrong with her, but you're just not into her. You're just not feeling it. So you find her boring and plain for that reason. Your lifestyle is not good or bad and neither is hers, they just are what they are. And they are very different, probably incompatible.

I'm a bisexual woman and reading about Jane, I was actually thinking she sounded just like the girl for me lol I actually love antique and vintage things. I'm not a collector or anything but I do love going to thrift stores and looking at vintage things, and buying them if I find things I like. I love quaint old things. I also work as a carer to people with disabilities and mental health issues, so that aspect of her caring appeals to me too. I've had clients make a painting for me (not very good lol) and I have it up on the wall in my lounge room. As they say: "One person's trash is another person's treasure". Or "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I'm sure Jane may be adorable to someone, just not to you.

Also you can't expect someone else to do drugs just because you do them. That is absolutely your choice to do them but they are not to everyone's taste and just not good for some people. Especially people with mental health problems. As far as I understand, the use of psychedelics for mental health and in therapy has not actually been legally approved yet. It kind of sounds to me like you were really pushing your own agenda on Jane, showing her supposed research how it would benefit her mental health and so on. This has not been approved by the FDA, right? And moreover she doesn't have to do anything she doesn't want to do and you shouldn't push it. Other people are not you and they don't have to like what you like and do what you do.

I took acid once and I had the most horrific trip of my life, I thought I was dying! I also took MDMA six times two years ago and I got a persistent Derealisation Disorder! Still hasn't gone away. Drugs are not for everyone and don't affect everyone equally. You should not push drugs on anybody because you don't know what effect they'd actually have on that particular person. You know how they affect you do by all means you can enjoy them. I think it's wrong you tried to persuade Jane to do psychedelics, especially knowing she has bad mental health.

These drugs are for fun. Jane is smart to steer clear of this brain eating crap but to each their own. 🌵

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Why not date someone from the LSD, DMT, Ayahuasca community?
    100% on that one. Its been an important spiritual aspect in my life. Similar to why a Christian wouldn't be crazy about dating an atheist, I should find someone to be with that can share my perspective.

Originally Posted by Tinydance
    You should not push drugs on anybody because you don't know what effect they'd actually have on that particular person. You know how they affect you do by all means you can enjoy them. I think it's wrong you tried to persuade Jane to do psychedelics, especially knowing she has bad mental health.
    I just want to make it clear that I never pushed it on her or suggested she should take it, or told her she should take it. I don't believe in that either. Its a fine line between sharing information and convincing someone to do something but it does exist and she's 40 years old and so is more than capable of responsibly making her own decisions and knowing the difference. I certainly wouldn't be having the same conversation with a teenager. What I do believe in is access to information especially when it could mean improving someones life. I sent her a couple links about the studies on lsd and depression, and specifically told her I'd NEVER ask her to do it but that if she came to that conclusion on her own she would have to tell me. I also told her she would have to stop taking her current meds for at least 3 months to avoid possible dangerous complications. She neither wants to try it out nor does she want to risk going off her meds for that long, I understand that and thats ok. That was the end of the discussion. I respect her choice. In other words I just showed her there's a different road that could take her where she wants to go, but I never told her she'd be better off taking it. I believe people have the right to know information especially if it means an alternative path to happiness, but I do not believe in manipulation.
    I know Jane's particular diagnosis and it isn't a psychotic disorder. Psychotic disorders are known to likely become worse with psychedelics and I wouldn't even bring it up if that were the case. The risks for disorders like depression/anxiety aren't as bad and there's real chance for improvement with occasional therapeutic application. Just wanted to make that clear. It seems that somehow my first post came across like I'm a drug pusher but that is far from the truth.
    The combination of drugs she's on have a 15%-25% chance of giving her Parkinson's and only a 35% chance of working! Now I'm sure you can understand me informing her about an alternative.

I've been seeing this woman for about 4 months now.
    You don't need to over-think this. Four months is not a big investment, it's just enough to learn whether you've found simpatico.

You have not. That's a no-brainer. Go find it elsewhere.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice