Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does absence make the heart grow founder? (Ladies would love your thoughts)

Does absence make the heart grow founder? (Ladies would love your thoughts)

Hi guys,

I've heard a few theories lately and i'm curious.

As bad as it is, does intentionally ignoring someone or ghosting actually make them miss you/attract them?

It seems like a weird thing to do and not something I would necessarily do intentionally however I'd love to hear what the ladies think about as i'm sure we have all somewhat been in a situation like this before either being ignored or vice versa.

If someone actively ignores me I basically think - well screw you! I move on. I'm not going to beg someone to have something to do with me if they dont want to.

If someone found ghosting or ignoring attractive I'd wonder what's wrong with them.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Nope, ticks me off and makes me want to say screw off and go away.

I think it's one of those things that might "work" on already insecure and/or unstable people. In the same vein as "treat em mean to keep em keen".
    Someone desperate to get outside validation might go chasing those who treat them like poo, as they are stuck in a loop of unresolved issues.

Some couples are equally clouded or heated in the moment or both individuals benefit from a cooling off period to let the dust settle and realize what they've lost or work on themselves. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Intentionally and manipulatively giving someone the cold shoulder to trick that person into liking you more is wrong. I hope you know that. Any form of manipulation is wrong if the intention is to degrade or disrespect someone by playing those games.

Maybe the question is... why is there a desire to ignore or put someone on the back burner? Are they tough to handle? A bit OTT? Do you fear them or something about them puts you off?

I'd take a closer look at your reactions or feelings/thoughts towards this person and ask yourself why these things might be necessary. Why does it feel better to pull back?

Ignoring someone who is already attracted to you, albeit not as much as you would like, yes it can increase their attraction for you. They wonder all of a sudden where you went, if you found someone else etc. However, it doesn't necessarily mean they will start a chase.

It really depends on if they actually have someone else and whether you pop in intermittently sometimes. If a guy ignored me for a very long time & didn't get in touch I would start to forget him eventually.

Most dont like the games.
    If someone ignores/ avoids me.. I will move on. since i see the point being they are not interested..
    I wont chase or beg for anyone;s attention. If they are interested I would expect their attention,

If you are trying to have a chase - may be possible for a male- who may try, for a short while.

If you are testing someone who has pushed you away... shows their uncertainty. Dont go back
    they did it once.. high chance it will happen again = more pain.

Platinum Member
    I wouldn't waste my time.

if you are stuck thinking about that person, old memories your heart will start creating an illusion for you and at some point you start believing that in other terms we call that unproductive waste of time.
    You basically are not over that person...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice