Your goodbye stories to people leaving your life please share!!

Mets6986

Hi, First I am not here to talk about my story (I babbled enough about that in Personal Growth) But I am interested in other people's experiences in Good byes. Not so much to someone who is dying. But rather people in our lives who are leaving forever one way or the other. If you gave one someone a special goodbye, How did it make you feel? If you recieved it How did it make you feel . For reasons I do not want to get in here. I had to say goodbye forever to someone who I will always feel was a blessing in my life. (I am repeating that part of my story for the readers of this forum) I wanted to cover every aspect I could think of because I was never going to have a chance, First, She saw my eyes watering and asked me to stop. I said I needed to continue and asked her if I could (She said okay but if she said No I would have stopped) First I gave her a blank journal because she once told me she wanted to be a writer, I wrote stuff in it to inspire her like Hi I am your journal use me for anything but I think you can write great things, I told her that I thought I was supposed to be a blessing in my life but I have learned you were the blessing in mine. I then took 3 ribbons 2 Blue One pink and I said I know this is only symbolic but I am not going to be around if and when these things happen, I said the blue and pink are for if you have a baby boy and girl someday and the other blue ribbon was for is she needed something blue if she married one day. Finally I gave her a pen that I had engraved with a bunch of letters. I told her it was an acronym prayer and that each letter was the first letter in the word, I asked her if she could guess, She told me she knew the first letters which was her initials, So then I told her the rest was May Jesus Bless You Love You and Keep You, and then we hugged and that was it, ......................Now was that too much? Maybe but on the other hand I could not let this person leave my life without letting her know in my own way How much God putting her as a blessing in my life (There was a time I had decided not to do the whole goodbye but something happened that changed my mind that I will cover in my other forum at some point) 2. It helped me to let go with the exception of a little bump I went through and got over with the help of the wonderful people on this site because I forgot something in the goodbye), I also hope it helped her in some way and if nothing else maybe give her a memory that although was sad will make her smile someday if she ever thinks back on it. As I said I am not looking for advice. But please I am in your opinions and goodbye stories

Hi, First I am not here to talk about my story (I babbled enough about that in Personal Growth) But I am interested in other people's experiences in Good byes. Not so much to someone who is dying. But rather people in our lives who are leaving forever one way or the other. If you gave one someone a special goodbye, How did it make you feel? If you recieved it How did it make you feel . For reasons I do not want to get in here. I had to say goodbye forever to someone who I will always feel was a blessing in my life. (I am repeating that part of my story for the readers of this forum) I wanted to cover every aspect I could think of because I was never going to have a chance, First, She saw my eyes watering and asked me to stop. I said I needed to continue and asked her if I could (She said okay but if she said No I would have stopped) First I gave her a blank journal because she once told me she wanted to be a writer, I wrote stuff in it to inspire her like Hi I am your journal use me for anything but I think you can write great things, I told her that I thought I was supposed to be a blessing in my life but I have learned you were the blessing in mine. I then took 3 ribbons 2 Blue One pink and I said I know this is only symbolic but I am not going to be around if and when these things happen, I said the blue and pink are for if you have a baby boy and girl someday and the other blue ribbon was for is she needed something blue if she married one day. Finally I gave her a pen that I had engraved with a bunch of letters. I told her it was an acronym prayer and that each letter was the first letter in the word, I asked her if she could guess, She told me she knew the first letters which was her initials, So then I told her the rest was May Jesus Bless You Love You and Keep You, and then we hugged and that was it, ......................Now was that too much? Maybe but on the other hand I could not let this person leave my life without letting her know in my own way How much God putting her as a blessing in my life (There was a time I had decided not to do the whole goodbye but something happened that changed my mind that I will cover in my other forum at some point) 2. It helped me to let go with the exception of a little bump I went through and got over with the help of the wonderful people on this site because I forgot something in the goodbye), I also hope it helped her in some way and if nothing else maybe give her a memory that although was sad will make her smile someday if she ever thinks back on it. As I said I am not looking for advice. But please I am in your opinions and goodbye stories

When I was 14 I met the father of my child in February, that November I found out I was expecting. In between we done drugs, lots of them and I became an addict. When I found out I was pregnant, I stopped using, he didn’t. In July, I gave birth to a beautiful baby boy.. I wasn’t comfortable with him being around my son alone which should have been an indication that I didn’t need to be with him but I was young & naive. My grandma (had custody of me) was an alcoholic so she was never alone with my newborn either. I missed a lot of school because I didn’t know I had other options (like homebound) and i became truant. I went into foster care and my son was with his dads grandma. (Not through court, just how things played out) He got arrested 6 months after I Gave birth and our son was placed in foster care, in a different home from myself. All I wanted was for my baby to be with me, I was young, but I wasn’t a bad mother, I done everything I had to do to make sure he was taken care of. Eventually he was placed with my cousin, and she adopted him (I didn’t agree to this, I wanted my son but the court system here is awful. I had all means to provide for my child but because I’m in state care, I couldn’t have custody of him). This gave me the opportunity to leave his dad, I cared for him, and i had once loved him, but one can only take so much before they no longer feel how they did before. He got out of jail and I slowly pulled away, we barely ever talked and it was strictly about our child when we did. He got arrested in January of this year, and that’s when I finally admitted to myself it was over.. his crime was violent, in fact so violent that as long as I live and breath my son and I will NEVER be around him again (it was against neither of us, but he’s a potentially dangerous person). He got out a few months ago and contacted me, I explained why he couldn’t have a relationship with me, and he took it pretty well. I said that goodbye and expected it to end in chaos, but it was the opposite. He has tried multiple times to contact me after and I have denied each attempt. Especially after finding out that hes not supposed to be out right now, he’s supposed to be in rehab. My son deserves better.. I deserve better and now I have better, I met someone who loves me unconditionally and accepts my child & im starting the process to regain custody.

Archived