LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ex moving on so fast

Ex moving on so fast

Just came out a 7 month relationship, we were so close but decided it wouldn't work as we both work together and couldn't stop the mix between work and pleasure. We were both in relationships when we first met but we grew closer and closer. We ended our relationships as we knew they were not right for us before we took anything further. Im 36 and she is 24.

When we broke up, we decided to remain close as friends. We were and still are hurting. The love is still there. She messaged me to say she can't stop thinking about me. In the same messages she says how she went on Tinder and has met someone. Not for sex but getting to know them so that they can be in a relationship. This all happened within 10 days of breaking up.

I found this has destroyed my confidence and all the good stuff I feel for her. I get a message from her asking for sex one last time for she has to comit to the new guy. How can she move on so quick and forget me. I feel like she has no respect for me or how we were. Help. I'm hurting. My head is screwed.
    Last edited by Maroon1986; 08-09-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Do you still work together? You may want to distance yourself from affairs and office romances. It could spell trouble.

Yes, we still work together. Never had a relationship with someone at work before. Always said I would never do it.

Yup I did the same thing...and it was a disaster. I can't stress enough that dating a coworker is the worst thing you can do. Oh well you live and learn. I would say it was a rebound relaitonship, that came out of an emotional affair. She's 24, and still learning the ropes about feelings, and relationships. It seems it was more about the sex for her, so no real emotional attachment, that's why she's gone off somewhere else so quickly. Plus, she's young, she's gonna be hitting this and that for years to come. You two are at different stages of life.

Originally Posted by Maroon1986
    Yes, we still work together. Never had a relationship with someone at work before. Always said I would never do it.
    Why did you decide to ignore your own rules about not dating coworkers?

Are you her supervisor?

I am her supervisor. We just got on so well. Deep chats, similar ways of how we are as people. We fell for eachother. I will remain professional at all times at work. I know never to mix business and pleasure

Be very careful. You can get into a lot of trouble for dating a young woman you supervise at work.

Do not berate her over messages. Do not beg or plead over messages and do not mention anything about sex. Those messages could be shown to the HR department at work and get you into a lot of hot water.

I hope you know now to never again break your rule of not getting personally involved with the women you supervise.

Yeah we are at different stages of life. I can handle the break up. Its just we were so so close and its taken her 10 days to find someone else. Thats the bit that hurts. Just not sure how I can get the pain to go.

I have deleted her from all social media and trying to keep myself away from contact. I know at work things will be OK. I'm just struggling to deal with how quick she moved for a new bloke. That's what hurts like mad and I'm struggling with

I should also say that she says she is talking to the new bloke as she is heartbroken we didn't work and its the only way she can try to move on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice