Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gf broke up with me after we got back together. Loss of spark.

It's probably not a good idea to put your life on hold for anyone. A little more balance maybe. Try not to swing to extremes. You're getting back into yourself now but maintain your relationships with friends and family too.

Glad to hear you have a plan.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by HelloINeedU
    Relationships are work, if you want it to work they will work. Think about arranged marriages. They last the longest because they work together and love eachother.

Shes 22 and Im 27 so she still has a lot of her life yet and I feel like she might want to be single after this for a bit. Get her life in order and look to her future as well.
    Rather off-topic, but it's naive to assume arranged marriage last the longest because they work together and love each other. While that may sometimes of course be true, there is also often strict taboo in such societies against divorce. Don't make the mistake of assuming that because you rarely see arranged marriages come to an end, it means that it's because the couple is happy together and love each other. I can name a handful of folks I know who are miserable in their arranged marriages but they stay because their cultural norms dictate that there really is no other choice if they don't want to be shunned or shamed by their communities.

That aside, this girl is young. At 22, she is unlikely to be in any place to choose her life partner yet. Also, if you've bounced around before, she almost definitely would have lost feelings for you along the way. It hurts to feel unwanted and unappreciated in a relationship and eventually, the sheen of that other person fades and they're no longer that appealing. Even if you've learned your lesson, you can see that the damage sometimes can't be undone. It's going to be best to take the lessons learned here, and apply them to your next relationship.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice