Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Semester Transition Tips?

  1. #1
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    139

    Semester Transition Tips?

    How do you make the best use of time after finishing a semester before starting a new one?

  2. #2
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    508
    What are your long-term goals? Career wise, financial, socially and so on. I wish I had known this back then. Use the time during semesters to work on your long-term goals. Travelling to another country is really good too as it expands your horizon and you learn about other cultures, etc.

  3. #3
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    139
    Originally Posted by greendots
    What are your long-term goals? Career wise, financial, socially and so on. I wish I had known this back then. Use the time during semesters to work on your long-term goals. Travelling to another country is really good too as it expands your horizon and you learn about other cultures, etc.
    Thanks!

    I would love to travel to another country but there's not much time before next Semester (plus with Covid). I'm hoping to do some traveling at the end of next Semester though but a lot of that depends on where things are with Covid.

    I want to avoid burnout (which I started to feel towards the end of this Semester). So, I'm thinking maybe use the time that I do have to decompress/unwind but also prepare for the upcoming Semester.

    Thought I'd see if anyone had any strategies or things that worked for them in the past.

  4. #4
    Gold Member Betterwithout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    670
    Gender
    Male
    I second travelling, but with COVID, therein lies the problem. BUT, how about a road trip with a close friend to another State? That can work out ok with Covid going on. A change of scenery can be a good way to take a break from your city/town.

  5.  

  6. #5
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    139
    Originally Posted by Betterwithout
    I second travelling, but with COVID, therein lies the problem. BUT, how about a road trip with a close friend to another State? That can work out ok with Covid going on. A change of scenery can be a good way to take a break from your city/town.
    Hmm. I like that idea 🙂.

    A change of scenery would be nice and a good way to recharge.

  7. #6
    Gold Member Betterwithout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    670
    Gender
    Male
    Judging by your picture, you may be in the West Coast/ Cali? On my bucket list is driving on the Pacific Coast Highway, but I live on the NorthEast :(
    Someday, someday.

  8. #7
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    508
    For a moment I forgot all about Covid. Yeah, travelling right now is not a good idea.

    I'd still focus on your long-term goals. For example, someone that studies hospitality might want to learn a new language or cooking? There's Italian, Greek, French, etc. Something fun and you can go at your own pace. Additionally, you can listen to entrepreneurs (*cough Tom Bilyeu cough*) to learn other skills, motivate yourself to push through and so on. Also, how about reading books for fun that will teach you something new.

    A great way to decompress / unwind whilst obtaining a new skill is to learn how to paint or take proper photos. There are some free tutorials online. Or simply try a new hobby like playing board games or gardening.

    Under more "normal" circumstances I'd suggest things like dancing or hiking as it's a great way to meet people, but for the time being it's best to stick with indoor activities.

  9. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    139
    Originally Posted by Betterwithout
    Judging by your picture, you may be in the West Coast/ Cali? On my bucket list is driving on the Pacific Coast Highway, but I live on the NorthEast :(
    Someday, someday.
    I've been along the Pacific Coast Highway years ago, it's quite beautiful.

    There's definitely not a shortage of landmarks to visit in the area.

    Hope you get to see the Pacific Coast Highway one day! :)

  10. #9
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    139
    Originally Posted by greendots
    For a moment I forgot all about Covid. Yeah, travelling right now is not a good idea.

    I'd still focus on your long-term goals. For example, someone that studies hospitality might want to learn a new language or cooking? There's Italian, Greek, French, etc. Something fun and you can go at your own pace. Additionally, you can listen to entrepreneurs (*cough Tom Bilyeu cough*) to learn other skills, motivate yourself to push through and so on. Also, how about reading books for fun that will teach you something new.

    A great way to decompress / unwind whilst obtaining a new skill is to learn how to paint or take proper photos. There are some free tutorials online. Or simply try a new hobby like playing board games or gardening.

    Under more "normal" circumstances I'd suggest things like dancing or hiking as it's a great way to meet people, but for the time being it's best to stick with indoor activities.
    Yes, Covid makes things a bit limiting, unfortunately.

    I'll check out some of your other suggestions.

    Good stuff, thanks!


Videos


Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •