Keep Trying or Stop Wasting Time

m6r18p65

If you (female) had a friend (male) that invites you out and the last 3 times you have given them these responses what should the male friend interpret from them? The male hasn’t always given a lot of prior notice to the female.

1. Oh I wish I could but I’m getting my hair done and that takes a few hours. (Historically old excuse). I would never blow you off. I only get my hair done like once every four months at the salon. You can come down and visit me while I’m sitting waiting for my hair to process :-)

2. Hun wish I could, I have prior obligations. Darn 🤨

3. Yeah, darn. I already have plans. Don’t stop asking.. One of these days it’ll work.

I would not bother with someone who has these attitudes or plays these games.. Don't string anyone along.

If you don't like the guy or don't want to date him, be sincere rather than giving these obnoxious replies or trying to play hard to get.

If you think he only want's last minute hookups then lose his number rather than trying to train him like a dog obedience school with these responses.

1. Oh I wish I could but I’m getting my hair done and that takes a few hours.

2. Hun wish I could, I have prior obligations.

3. Yeah, darn. I already have plans. Don’t stop asking.. One of these days it’ll work.

I have an ever changing schedule. I find out on Wednesday what my schedule is starting 2 days later. Ie. On 05-aug I see that I’m off on 07-aug and 11-aug. Friday is 07-aug, ok maybe short notice but I can’t plan 14-aug because I do not know yet if I’m off then.

I have an ever changing schedule. I find out on Wednesday what my schedule is starting 2 days later. Ie. On 05-aug I see that I’m off on 07-aug and 11-aug. Friday is 07-aug, ok maybe short notice but I can’t plan 14-aug because I do not know yet if I’m off then.

Asking on a Tues/Wed for a date on Friday is NOT short notice. A woman who is actually interested will be thrilled to go out with you and even move around, rearrange other plans if she has any. Last minute is asking Thursday or Friday to go out on Friday.

That said, if this is how she is speaking to you, please find some self respect and drop her cold. I wouldn't treat a cockroach like that and you shouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior from people ever. Most people would wash their hands of someone like that pretty fast. She isn't interested and she can't even manage to say so politely. Instead she is being rude and treating you like dirt hoping you'll eventually get the hint and go away.

You could call her on it. Say something like "how about you suggest a time and date that works for you". Her response will be revealing.

Normally, i would agree but she has specifically asked him NOT to ask her out again.

If she actually is interested, SHE will ask HIM out. He made his point that he is interested.

The first time, it would have worked out better if he was flexible on the date - gave her two days to pick from, but that doesn't help now. She is clearly not interested. And follow her wishes and DO NOT ask her out again. She will only be on the defensive. There is no indication here that she is interested, but busy

If i was busy but very interested i would say "sorry, i have a salon appointment and i have no clue how long it will go, but maybe another day? " And if he said yes to that, i would tell him when i was free.

Normally, i would agree but she has specifically asked him NOT to ask her out again.

Ooh, I missed that bit. I thought it said "don't stop asking." I still agree with you though, she doesn't sound interested anyway.

Ooh, I missed that bit. I thought it said "don't stop asking." I still agree with you though, she doesn't sound interested anyway.

Maybe i misread it. Maybe she DID say DO NOT stop asking, but i really think she is not interested truly but likes the attention.

If a woman turns you down that many times, do not KEEP asking. Have some dignity. You have asked enough, so move on - if SHE asks you out, different story. You don't want to be a guy that's just an ego boost for her. Asking her out a fourth time looks like begging, honestly. There may be a young woman out there who would be more than happy to go out with you. She is WAY too much work

If someone keeps asking you out and you, somehow, are never free at the times they suggest (which could happen), surely you would take it upon yourself to suggest a date/time that would work for you, IF you were interested.

If you've asked someone out three times, and every time they replied with a "no" and no alternative options to make it work, then the message is pretty clear.

Archived