Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I bother being friends anymore?

Should I bother being friends anymore?

I dont know this forum includes friendship type of relationships but I need advice. IF this isnt allowed, please let me know.

I recently became friends with this girl a month ago (Im female too) and everything was great up until this week when shes gotten weirder.

She recently joined this social networking app where you can find people to date but also use it to make friends outside of the app. Lately shes been getting annoyed by other app users and how they are personality wise.

She seems to be the type of person who has high expectations of people but me and other friends personally think shes way too emotionally invested in people shes never even met. When me and other friends said this ( in a kind way) she got so upset and gave us the silent treatment for 2 days.

This happened another couple of times and then she started getting mad at the guy I started dating (hes mutual friends with her) and called him brutal names for having values she didnt agree with.

When he told me about their argument which I thought she went overboard with, he told me that there were times recently where she told him I was annoying several times (she didnt know he and I were dating at that time) and he showed me the texts where shes said that which was around the same time the aforementioned arguments with me and other friends took place.

I dont know if shes on something but even if shes not weve agreed many times thats is someone has a problem then talk to the other person about it and here she is talking crap behind my back.

I havent confronted her yet but at this point shes so stubborn itll just be pointless I think. Im not sure I want to be friends anymore.

Whats do you all think!?

I think you need to not be friends with her anymore. She's weird and you can't trust her.

Gold Member
    Personally, since you've only known her for a month and she's already causing problems, I wouldn't feel comfortable keeping her as a friend. I think she may cause problems between you and your bf. I would keep my distance. But, that's just me.

How long have they known each other. Seems to be a lot of passion in their interaction. Did they use to date?
    Originally Posted by banana79
    This happened another couple of times and then she started getting mad at the guy I started dating (hes mutual friends with her) and called him brutal names for having values she didnt agree with.

When he told me about their argument which I thought she went overboard with, he told me that there were times recently where she told him I was annoying several times (she didnt know he and I were dating at that time) and he showed me the texts

I'd dump her as a friend, she sounds very difficult to deal with and who needs that?

Platinum Member
    You have known her a minute. She sounds like she is dramatic and is a troublemaker. It wont get better.

Thanks everyone. Ill keep my distance especially she seems to be getting mad at everyone lately and I can tell when shes irritated when she answers with ok and ya a lot.

She also asked me the other day that the worlds is probably changing (because of the current pandemic) about some conspiracy theory and what I thought about it and did I believe in it.

I said no and what my thoughts were on the subject. After I said what my thoughts were which was a short answer she just replied with ya and she stopped replying to the text conversation. This was about 2 days ago.

Its just weird and I havent initiated anything since.

Even though shes a lot more charismatic than I am, a part of me feels like she may be jealous or annoyed too that Im starting to click more with people I met through her (than she is with them).

Who knows. Im going to continue to play dumb lol until shes grown up enough to talk to me about it Id shes that bothered.

Originally Posted by banana79
    Thanks everyone. Ill keep my distance especially she seems to be getting mad at everyone lately and I can tell when shes irritated when she answers with ok and ya a lot.

She also asked me the other day that the worlds is probably changing (because of the current pandemic) about some conspiracy theory and what I thought about it and did I believe in it.

I said no and what my thoughts were on the subject. After I said what my thoughts were which was a short answer she just replied with ya and she stopped replying to the text conversation. This was about 2 days ago.

Its just weird and I havent initiated anything since.

Even though shes a lot more charismatic than I am, a part of me feels like she may be jealous or annoyed too that Im starting to click more with people I met through her (than she is with them).

Who knows. Im going to continue to play dumb lol until shes grown up enough to talk to me about it Id shes that bothered.
    Yes. I'd fade away and never give her an explanation. You just met and you don't click. No explanation needed. Be cordial if you see her in person, but otherwise don't bother with her.

@lambert

Agreed and will do.

Platinum Member
    Have you met in person?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems