Should I bother being friends anymore?

banana79

I don’t know this forum includes friendship type of relationships but I need advice. IF this isn’t allowed, please let me know.

I recently became friends with this girl a month ago (I’m female too) and everything was great up until this week when she’s gotten weirder.

She recently joined this social networking app where you can find people to date but also use it to make friends outside of the app. Lately she’s been getting annoyed by other app users and how they are personality wise.

She seems to be the type of person who has high expectations of people but me and other friends personally think she’s way too emotionally invested in people she’s never even met. When me and other friends said this ( in a kind way) she got so upset and gave us the silent treatment for 2 days.

This happened another couple of times and then she started getting mad at the guy I started dating (he’s mutual friends with her) and called him brutal names for having values she didn’t agree with.

When he told me about their argument which I thought she went overboard with, he told me that there were times recently where she told him I was annoying several times (she didn’t know he and I were dating at that time) and he showed me the texts where she’s said that which was around the same time the aforementioned arguments with me and other friends took place.

I don’t know if she’s on something but even if she’s not we’ve agreed many times that’s is someone has a problem then talk to the other person about it and here she is talking crap behind my back.

I haven’t confronted her yet but at this point she’s so stubborn it’ll just be pointless I think. I’m not sure I want to be friends anymore.

What’s do you all think!?

How long have they known each other. Seems to be a lot of passion in their interaction. Did they use to date?

This happened another couple of times and then she started getting mad at the guy I started dating (he’s mutual friends with her) and called him brutal names for having values she didn’t agree with.

When he told me about their argument which I thought she went overboard with, he told me that there were times recently where she told him I was annoying several times (she didn’t know he and I were dating at that time) and he showed me the texts

Thanks everyone. I’ll keep my distance especially she seems to be getting mad at everyone lately and I can tell when she’s irritated when she answers with “ok” and “ya” a lot.

She also asked me the other day that the world’s is probably changing (because of the current pandemic) about some conspiracy theory and what I thought about it and did I believe in it.

I said no and what my thoughts were on the subject. After I said what my thoughts were which was a short answer she just replied with “ya” and she stopped replying to the text conversation. This was about 2 days ago.

It’s just weird and I haven’t initiated anything since.

Even though she’s a lot more charismatic than I am, a part of me feels like she may be jealous or annoyed too that I’m starting to click more with people I met through her (than she is with them).

Who knows. I’m going to continue to play dumb lol until she’s grown up enough to talk to me about it I’d shes that bothered.

Thanks everyone. I’ll keep my distance especially she seems to be getting mad at everyone lately and I can tell when she’s irritated when she answers with “ok” and “ya” a lot.

She also asked me the other day that the world’s is probably changing (because of the current pandemic) about some conspiracy theory and what I thought about it and did I believe in it.

I said no and what my thoughts were on the subject. After I said what my thoughts were which was a short answer she just replied with “ya” and she stopped replying to the text conversation. This was about 2 days ago.

It’s just weird and I haven’t initiated anything since.

Even though she’s a lot more charismatic than I am, a part of me feels like she may be jealous or annoyed too that I’m starting to click more with people I met through her (than she is with them).

Who knows. I’m going to continue to play dumb lol until she’s grown up enough to talk to me about it I’d shes that bothered.

Yes. I'd fade away and never give her an explanation. You just met and you don't click. No explanation needed. Be cordial if you see her in person, but otherwise don't bother with her.

She obviously has trouble coping with life, has negative thoughts about people, and is very insecure she has to talk smack behind peoples back to feel better about herself. Mental illness is a sad reality. She sound like my mom and she is bi-polar. If she can't address her own behavior and get help for it, then you better just run for the hills. You want to see vengeful behavior, you will most certainly get it if you confront her. You are best to just fade away.

Archived