Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wife left with children, but I can't hate her

Stay strong OP... she is just trying to get a rise out of you... don't let her gaslight you, don't give her anything until you talk to a lawyer... if she wants to be unreasonable so be it, just let your lawyers do the communicating and don't stoop to her level.

Platinum Member
    I would get an attorney but i would also ask if its wise to file a police report that she took your kids.
    I would not pay her a dime. You pay for the house that the kids have to live in.
    If the kids need food, they come eat at your house with you.

The more you escalate and refuse to pay child support or follow the law the more trouble you are causing for your kids. Never use them as pawns. Since you have stalled, there is no custody/visitation order in place, therefore your kids are legally visiting their grandmother with their mother and you have been welcomed to visit there and see them.
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    I would get an attorney but i would also ask if its wise to file a police report that she took your kids.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    The more you escalate and refuse to pay child support or follow the law the more trouble you are causing for your kids. Never use them as pawns. Since you have stalled, there is no custody/visitation order in place, therefore your kids are legally visiting their grandmother with their mother and you have been welcomed to visit there and see them.
    There is no child support. That happens during a separation agreement/divorce proceedings. He is providing for the kids while in his home - she can't just up and take the kids, expect that he is okay and will pay their expenses at granny's house on top of the home he provides for them

It's not even custodial interference, because he has stalled getting a court ordered custody/visitation order in place. So legally she is visiting her mother with the kids. Not only does he know where she and the kids are, he has been invited to visit with them.

It saddens me that so many angry adults mindlessly destroy their kids lives with their adult wars....like calling cops on each other, etc.

Never use kids as pawns and have cops showing up etc. Why traumatize/starve kids when parents can't agree or bother to get to courts/attorneys and handle adult matters like adults?

Getting in nonsense rows with the ex over the nonsense her and her mother are rambling instead of taking appropriate legal measures to develop an custody/visitation schedule and child support is why this unfortunate situation exists.
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    she can't just up and take the kids, expect that he is okay and will pay their expenses at granny's house on top of the home he provides for them
    Last edited by Wiseman2; 08-05-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Wiseman.

Every word you say makes sense. But OP hasn't the slightest intention of taking the good advice to consult a lawyer.

After all:

" I miss her like mad and want her back, which is stupid after how much she has hurt me and how unhappy we've been for a while. It's my first day back at work today as I've been shielding, and I can't concentrate at all. I can't help but love her and miss her!"

So the unfortunate children are taking a back seat to his unchecked emotional turmoil.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice